Leaky quick coupler

Dusty1948

Equipment
L 2800D with Front loader
Oct 20, 2016
Ozark, AR
I hAve a front end loader that is leaking oil at the quick connect coupler on the control stick. The oil is coming out of the bottom of female coupler. I've changed the coupler both male and female with new coupler from desler. It still leaking oil. Also had the cylinders rebuilt. Can't figure out what to do.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
not sure what you mean by leaking from the bottom...did you use any threadlock or teflon tape when installing the new fitting?

with the tractor off, rotate the loader valve in all directions to relieve pressure. then disconnect all all loader quick connects. rotate the loader valve again and reconnect them.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Lots of owners claim coupler problems but in the end an old hose is actually what is leaking.

In case you are unaware of the dangers in looking for hydraulic leaks:

dirtydeed is giving you good advice.

Dave

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I'd suggest avoiding teflon tape on hydraulic fittings. A bit gets into the hyd. system and you have more troubles.

bherron1

May 7, 2017
Clarks Hill SC USA
My new BX2680 started leaking from what looked like the bottom fitting on the quick connect. I removed the fittings on the half that's mounted to the tractor after removing the FEL and each fitting had what looked like a little rubber gasket sealer used at the factory on something in the hydraulic system. Took each one apart and blowed thru them with the air nozzle and wala no more leaking fluid. I then removed the screen on the HST but it was clean. I was about to get a new quick coupler under warranty. The sealer was keeping the little spring from closing and sealing up. I think I remember it had o rings in it as well but they looked good. Has not leaked a drop in over a month now. I use it weekly. 300 hrs in one year. Im told that's a lot IDK Most useful little machine I have ever owned.

wdeshotel

May 13, 2020
Hessmer,La. USA
My bx2680 has only 30 hrs and same leaks. The mechanic says he has been replacing both quick connecters but still is leaking. He is saying its a bad design that its not seating fully once it is latched. I have decided just to replace the entire assembly with new hoses and individual connectors.