Leaking BX Industrial Tires

nzzshl

Equipment
1982 Yanmar GT14(YM146), 2015 BX25, BX5450 snowblower
Jan 12, 2015
Fenton, Mi
After I pulled the BX25 out of the garage, I left the tractor idling for a bit of warm-up while I stowed some gear elsewhere. Returning to the BX to move along, I happened to be on the right side of the tractor when I noticed dampness covering about 85% of the outer rear industrial tire sidewall. Not a wet, dripping accumulation of fluid but enough to clearly deepen the natural black color of a dry tire. Looking at it closer, it's evident that the fluid was beet juice that was put in the tire when the tractor was new almost exactly 2 years. The sidewall of the tire exhibits crack in the rubber that average less than 3/4" long as though those a tire would develop after losing all its air and sitting flat for an extended period of time. Looking at my warranty description paperwork, tire and wheels are not cover as they are considered normal wear items.
The tires have never been flat, the left side does not exhibit the same cracking. I'm going to contact the dealer for a warranty claim though before doing so, I thoughts I'd check with the site clan to get any ideas of information or tact I might use when dealer contact is made. The Tractor is a youngster in terms of usage hours.........somewhere around 35 or so. Fire away, Lads!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
It may just be the quality of rubber used in tires these days. I bought a set of 7 x 16 ag tires for the front of my L305. They were new 1 1/2 years ago. They show the same "cracking" on the sidewalls. They never been flat and spend 99.97% of their life in a barn!

maclean

Equipment
BX25D
Jun 25, 2014
Lowell, Or
Mine ooze around the rims constantly...I've had to top off the ballast once or twice. Never makes too much of a mess...The goats lick the juice off the tires...

nzzshl

Equipment
1982 Yanmar GT14(YM146), 2015 BX25, BX5450 snowblower
Jan 12, 2015
Fenton, Mi
A brief follow-up to the original post.........I contacted the nearest dealer for warranty claim policy. It turned out that the tires are mentioned as being not covered by any warranty as they are considered to be something of a "consumable" status, like brakes. The dealer said it was a good thing that I didn't bring it to them or I'd have been turned away. He mentioned that I should look for an oval area on each of the rear tires to determine the build date code of them. Hopefully, I will find two different codes. With that information, he recommended that I contact corporate customer service. I have a bad feeling about what they will say but it's worth a shot. Will post with the results of that endeavor.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Good luck, hope it goes well. I looked and I also seem to have the cracking on my tires too. On my truck they called them ozone cracks and Michelin covered under warranty. I will need to check with the dealer too.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Many off road tires exhibit this. Saw same thing with a green one, but it was only a few months old and cracks were really bad. Jd replaced them. With the same garbage knowing full well warranty would run out before next set would fail. Which they did. Warranty from original date of purchase.
Slapped tubes in and carried on.