LB400 Loader

wdhl2500dt

Jul 14, 2014
Collinsville
I have a L2500DT tractor with a LB400 front loader. I would like to remove the front loader, can anyone give me a little guidance with this? I see which bolts need to be remove, just need to know the procedure.
Thanks

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
If it's like the pictures I looked up on that model loader it's pretty simple.

The arms over the dash come off first. One goes in the slots on either side of the bucket. The 2 bolts in front of the grill secure the arms to the bucket. Although the pics I looked at didn't show them my loader has a pin that goes thru the sub-frame (1 each side) that come out next. From my experience set the arms now attached to your bucket down on a 1x4 / 2x4 or what ever piece of wood your have around so they won't sink in the dirt. Slowly roll your bucket back and the arms should lift out of the sub-frame. CAUTION, If the loader has never been removed it may be stuck. May need lube of some kind but keep in mind when it comes loose the loader frame will spring out of the sub-frame very fast. Again the one I looked up didn't have these but yours may. 2 small square arms on the left side between the hood and the frame are used to support the rear of the loader after it comes out of the sub-frame. Once you get it to this point you should be ready to unhook your hyd lines. I always liked to kill the engine and work the joystick around to relieve the pressure. Once you've done that and the lines are unhooked you should be able to back out from under the loader.

Depending on how your loader is plumbed you may have a return line that has to be hooked back to the tractor while the loader is off. If your loader control stays on the tractor this doesn't apply. If the control comes off with the loader it probably has a return line. Mine is like this and has 3 lines going to the loader. One is a short line with male coupler that loops back to a female coupler on the tractor.

Hope this helps.