Late model B7100HST Hydro Pedal Problem

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
After searching the forum I have found many with this same issue but no clear picture on fixes, seems everyone says they will update after fixing but nobody does. My pedal does not return to home when released. It has been like this for many years since I bought it in 2004. I have just dealt with it by tapping the opposite end to come to a stop. I am now selling this tractor and may take a crack at fixing so it's not an issue for the new owner. I believe the issue to be the follower bearing that rides on an inverted V shaped cam has slipped off due to a bent bracket or something. How difficult is this to remove/replace?
Anyone with experience on this fix?
Thanks
Kurt

ironpony

Equipment
B7100
Mar 4, 2016
Lancaster Ohio
pros and cons, it would be nice to have it return but if it returns to center efficiently the tractor stops very suddenly. Kind of a trade off, no give in hydraulics. I am sure you have done it accidentally, you get a pretty good jolt.

kupitz

Equipment
BX2660 with LA243 FEL and Front mount BX2750 snowblower/2763A heated Curtis cab.
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
Yeah, honestly doesn't bother me but I am trying to sell and had a guy look last night and was "afraid" of it saying it was dangerous. I had to laugh a bit inside but in the end it stopped him from buying it.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Go to kubotabooks.com and download the three part service manual and it gives you the layout, repairs and neutral adjustment procedure.

Could be the dampener is shot and will need replaced.
Could be just out of adjustment.

kupitz

Equipment
Mar 28, 2016
New Providence, PA
Thanks Wolfman, I do have the WSM and it shows me the adjustment but doesn't give me an idea of how to tear into it and fix that bearing.

mrmr56

Equipment
G4200, Z482, 3 G5200's
Jul 22, 2015
Waco, TX
If it resembles the bearing and v shape centering bracket of the garden tractors, the bearing just presses on to a peg and is held on with a circlip. You should have an arm with an eccentric on it and the bearing is about centerline of the arm. A good flashlight and it should become apparent. Release the spring holding tension and remove the center bolt from the eccentric. Be careful of the bushing in the eccentric as it is made of a fiber material. I hope this helps.