Large ballast box for L5740

zoomy

Equipment
l5740,6' Brush mower, Bobcat 873,Marshal tree saw, 48" Pallet Forks, Bobcat T770
Feb 22, 2014
Mundelien, IL
I need to add a ballast box to my 5740. I want to fill it with pea gravel that weighs in at 140 per cubic foot. I want about 1300# of box plus pea gravel. So it cooks like I will need about 7 cubic feet capacity box. I could not find any ballast boxes listed on the Kubota site and the ones I found on line only had a 3-4 cubic foot capacity. Plus they are all Cat 1. I have both rear tires filled with 550 pounds of beet juice each but I want to take weigh off the front tires. I have a Western Prodigy snow plow with a skid steer mount that extends the plow about 3 feet in front of the mount. The plow weighs in at 930 pounds. Can anyone give me info on a large ballast box of any brand or after market and where to buy them?

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well I dont know but if you look around in here you will find tons of boxes built by folks in here as well as OEM boxes,, A 55 gallon drum on a 3 point carry all filled with stuff would work very well for it

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I need to add a ballast box to my 5740. I want to fill it with pea gravel that weighs in at 140 per cubic foot. I want about 1300# of box plus pea gravel. So it cooks like I will need about 7 cubic feet capacity box. I could not find any ballast boxes listed on the Kubota site and the ones I found on line only had a 3-4 cubic foot capacity. Plus they are all Cat 1. I have both rear tires filled with 55 pounds of beet juice each but I want to take weigh off the front tires. I have a Western Prodigy snow plow with a skid steer mount that extends the plow about 3 feet in front of the mout. The plow weighs in at 930 pounds. Can anyone give me info on a large ballast box of any brand or after market and where to buy them?

I am with Skeets - if you are handy - you can make one without breaking the bank or find something that can adapt to your liking. :)