Land Pride Rotary Cutter Thoughts?

AJared

Sep 18, 2018
Medon, TN
What ae your thoughts on the medium duty Land Pride rotary cutters? It is about time to replace my ancient cutter, and I am looking for some recommendations for quality and durability. If there is another brand you prefer, that would also be good to know! Thanks!

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I have the Landpride RCR1860, decided to bump up from the base model this this one. After watching this Youtube bloke with his RCR2060 behind a L2501 I figured mine should do what I want it to. I don't plan to work it as hard as he does.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I have an RCR1860 that I have truly abused over the years and it is still going strong. It states that it will cut up to 2" saplings but I have used it to cut up bigger ones than that. The slip clutch really helps save the gearbox.

Blondie70

Equipment
L2501DT('18)L2501('15)
Aug 6, 2016
Poplarville, MS
I have the 1260. The sheet metal is kinda thin around the sides, but it is a worker. Cuts good. Got a bunch of dents around the edges, but no effect on cutting...***8230;...good luck:)
ps: run a clutch and a shear pin.....safe than sorry...ha

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I too have the rcr1860 and have put it thru hell,besides missing a little paint I haven’t been disappointed

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
I have beaten my land pride pretty hard, as a tractor beginner my first year was a mistaken belief that all implements and tractors are indestructible.

Kinda like when I first got a 4WD truck / figured I could go anywhere anytime. Of course the only difference between 2WD and 4WD is how far I had to get a tractor back to it when I got stuck!

As I learned this past year how to maximize my gear an minimize bonehead moves, my landpride is kicking butt and besides some aesthetic blemishes and a few cuts off the sheet metal from backing into a tree with the blades turning / all the other dents came out with a well placed chain and hook!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I've run mine thru tall grass and weeds without any problems it has the slip clutch and has been holding up just fine.

dlundblad

Equipment
G5200, L2501, ZD1211
May 16, 2009
IN
I have the Landpride RCR1860, decided to bump up from the base model this this one. After watching this Youtube bloke with his RCR2060 behind a L2501 I figured mine should do what I want it to. I don't plan to work it as hard as he does.
The tractor in the linked video was a L3301 with a FEL grapple, but I am guessing you are talking about the guy in Louisiana.

It's a very good video and I am glad he made it, but I wish the guy went a bit slower. You can hear the tractor struggling many times and it could give someone the impression that the tractor and mower are too small for the job.

I just fast forwarded through the commentary and went right onto the action so he may have mentioned his reasoning from the the faster speed.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
What ae your thoughts on the medium duty Land Pride rotary cutters? It is about time to replace my ancient cutter, and I am looking for some recommendations for quality and durability. If there is another brand you prefer, that would also be good to know! Thanks!
Bush Hog and Woods are considered by most to be the gold standard of rotary cutters, and are most commonly used by professional highway mowing firms.

I have Woods BB720X and BB840X cutters. I once owned a Woods MDS1260 mounted 10.5' cutter but sold it recently because it was not well suited to my needs. All of these cutters have been trouble free.

That said, I have nothing against Land Pride and expect that they will become more common now that they are owned by Kubota.

SDT

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
The tractor in the linked video was a L3301 with a FEL grapple, but I am guessing you are talking about the guy in Louisiana.

It's a very good video and I am glad he made it, but I wish the guy went a bit slower. You can hear the tractor struggling many times and it could give someone the impression that the tractor and mower are too small for the job.

I just fast forwarded through the commentary and went right onto the action so he may have mentioned his reasoning from the the faster speed.
Your correct. I went to my history on Youtube to grab the Louisiana guy and got the wrong one. Here is the one I meant to link.