Land Pride joystick switch for 3rd function (pn 833-739C)

the4hornes

Equipment
L2501 hst
Feb 21, 2022
NC
Just thought I'd pass along some info on the button on a Land Pride 3rd function joystick knob. One of my switches was not working sometimes and the red button had popped off. I'd have to fiddle with it to get it to work. My Kubota dealer wanted $40+ for the switch (pn 833-739C). I found that the same switch can be purchased from a electronics store for a lot less money. I ended getting my switch from Mouser.com (part number P9-411221) for $12.62. The Land Pride switch has Otto 21649 printed on the bottom of it. The switch that I ordered from Mouser has the same 21649 printed on the bottom of it. Just google Otto P9-411221 to see some online suppliers or go to a local electronics store and order that Otto part number. I installed mine today and it is the exact original Land Pride part(except the terminals that the wires solder to were slightly shorter). You will have to solder the wires to the new switch.
image7.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Reactions: 6 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
If we could only find the source for the handle itself. Does anyone have any idea where it comes from? I can't believe that they are having it molded themselves.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Just thought I'd pass along some info on the button on a Land Pride 3rd function joystick knob. One of my switches was not working sometimes and the red button had popped off. I'd have to fiddle with it to get it to work. My Kubota dealer wanted $40+ for the switch (pn 833-739C). I found that the same switch can be purchased from a electronics store for a lot less money. I ended getting my switch from Mouser.com (part number P9-411221) for $12.62. The Land Pride switch has Otto 21649 printed on the bottom of it. The switch that I ordered from Mouser has the same 21649 printed on the bottom of it. Just google Otto P9-411221 to see some online suppliers or go to a local electronics store and order that Otto part number. I installed mine today and it is the exact original Land Pride part(except the terminals that the wires solder to were slightly shorter). You will have to solder the wires to the new switch.
View attachment 107647 View attachment 107648
The oft mentioned 3rd function electric switch questions are rather confusing to me.
I have a 2006 Kubota 3rd function system, but there is no switch on my 3rd function control lever.

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
IMG_1279.jpeg
Good find. Nice job. Appreciate the info just in case.

Something I’ve noticed, the LP 3rd function kits a person can buy on line do not have the stick mounted on/off switch for the solenoid power. Anyone know where a person can get that switch?

I’ve installed my own switch and it’s in a fine place, but it seems like LP cheaps out on the kits. Heck, so charge another 20 or 40 bucks, it’s not like they aren’t already charging about a grand for the kit anyhow. And if a person was price sensitive, they’d buy a different manufacturers kit, not like there isn’t a handful to select from that are hundreds of dollars less expensive.

The switch circled in blue from the photo @meatlOverpizzia shared recently when a goat buggered up his dad’s third function lever (thanks).

Last edited:

the4hornes

Equipment
L2501 hst
Feb 21, 2022
NC
Here is a pic that shows how to determine the part number for Otto push button switches like the one pictured in my previous post for the Land Pride 3rd function.
IMG_1195.jpeg

Runs With Scissors

Equipment
L2501 TLB , Grappel, Brush Hog, Box Blade, Ballast box, Forks, Tiller, PH digger
Jan 25, 2023
Michigan
View attachment 107647 View attachment 107648
Thanks for posting this.

I don't need it yet, but definitely something to keep in mind.

the4hornes

Equipment
L2501 hst
Feb 21, 2022
NC
View attachment 107678 Good find. Nice job. Appreciate the info just in case.

Something I’ve noticed, the LP 3rd function kits a person can buy on line do not have the stick mounted on/off switch for the solenoid power. Anyone know where a person can get that switch?

I’ve installed my own switch and it’s in a fine place, but it seems like LP cheaps out on the kits. Heck, so charge another 20 or 40 bucks, it’s not like they aren’t already charging about a grand for the kit anyhow. And if a person was price sensitive, they’d buy a different manufacturers kit, not like there isn’t a handful to select from that are hundreds of dollars less expensive.

The switch circled in blue from the photo @meatlOverpizzia shared recently when a goat buggered up his dad’s third function lever (thanks).
If you haven't done so already, I'd suggest looking on the underside of the switch (between the terminals) to see if there is a Otto part number. I would guess it is a Otto manufactured switch just like the "open/close" switches were on my LP joystick. Search for that part number on Mouser Electronics website. Let me know if I can be any help.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
I had the red button pop off, saw it by the cab door and figured I had time to get it later.
Well, I guess there is enough movement in the door while running the snowblower to allow it to fall out of the cab.

I just ordered 2 of these switches and hope they work like the OP's did.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The original switch looks like has .110QC terminals, the replacement has solder tabs.
so... P9-411221 would become P9-431221.. the '3' is the terminal style, no soldering required.
The 'fun' is seeing if they have stock of it. Maybe not in the 'red' button,but in the 'white' button.
Also other distributors, say Digikey, may have the exact switch though.

Dustball

Equipment
2016 B2650HSDC
Sep 15, 2023
Hudson, WI
The original switch looks like has .110QC terminals, the replacement has solder tabs.
so... P9-411221 would become P9-431221.. the '3' is the terminal style, no soldering required.
The 'fun' is seeing if they have stock of it. Maybe not in the 'red' button,but in the 'white' button.
Also other distributors, say Digikey, may have the exact switch though.
I use https://www.trustedparts.com/en to search the main electrical component distributors for electrical components. It makes it quick to search for variations across multiple sources at the same time.

jt040900

Equipment
L3901 4 WD
Feb 10, 2020
Bishopville
Thanks same problem here cap never came off just intermittent. Ordered two that was very helpful info thanks again!

Reactions: 1 user