LA534 FEL grease point fail/o ring missing

tcalvin48

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, BH77 16" bucket,thumb, WG24, BB2560, WC68, RCR1860
Aug 22, 2019
Dresden, Maine
Don't have mine in front of me, but seems like the gun has a low pressure/high volume setting, and another for high pressure/low volume? Seems like it's a 1 or 2 respectively.

If I remember it correctly, I use the high pressure, and look for the old stuff to get purged out.
Yep, that's what I did, high pressure worked just fine.
This is my fourth season with the B2650 and the grease is really building up. Do you ever remove the excess or just clean up the joints in general? I'm wondering he best way to clean them up is. Using paper towels is not the way to go...
Tom Stoltz
in Maine

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
Paper towel makes the least amount of transferring grease where you don't want it. Pressure washer makes it fly all over. Carb/brake clean want to strip the paint off a lot of times.
Really you should be wiping the grease off the fitting and any excess that come out every time you grease, instead of letting it build up. Just like wiping the dirt and crud off the fitting before you pump new grease into it.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There are many different types of shop towels that are paper. They generally are better than kitchen paper towels. You can get cloth wiping rags that are discarded items but paper is a lot easier to throw away after a wipe or two.

If you have a lot of built up grease you can use a plastic putty knife to scrape it off (and then wipe that into a cardboard box to throw it away

They also have cleaning wipes that are good to clean up the residue that won’t wipe or scrape off.

Reactions: 1 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Yep, that's what I did, high pressure worked just fine.
This is my fourth season with the B2650 and the grease is really building up. Do you ever remove the excess or just clean up the joints in general? I'm wondering he best way to clean them up is. Using paper towels is not the way to go...
Tom Stoltz
in Maine
I use a straw or my fingers.
In my mind, I don't want them super clean. Reason being is the oozed grease will catch the dirt and grit and water before it gets in the joint. At least that's how I've done it on the Jeep heim joints. Dirt and stuff gets on the outer parts of the ooze and trapped there. Instead of clinging to a sticky joint.
It's a different application, but I'm surprised they don't have rubber seals like motorcycle wheels.

tcalvin48

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534 FEL, BH77 16" bucket,thumb, WG24, BB2560, WC68, RCR1860
Aug 22, 2019
Dresden, Maine
There are many different types of shop towels that are paper. They generally are better than kitchen paper towels. You can get cloth wiping rags that are discarded items but paper is a lot easier to throw away after a wipe or two.

If you have a lot of built up grease you can use a plastic putty knife to scrape it off (and then wipe that into a cardboard box to throw it away

They also have cleaning wipes that are good to clean up the residue that won’t wipe or scrape off.
Thanks to all for some good ideas about cleaning up grease.
Tom Stoltz
in Maine

Dieseldonato

Equipment
B7510 hydro, yanmar ym146, cub cadet 1450, 582,782
Mar 15, 2022
Pa
I use a straw or my fingers.
In my mind, I don't want them super clean. Reason being is the oozed grease will catch the dirt and grit and water before it gets in the joint. At least that's how I've done it on the Jeep heim joints. Dirt and stuff gets on the outer parts of the ooze and trapped there. Instead of clinging to a sticky joint.
It's a different application, but I'm surprised they don't have rubber seals like motorcycle wheels.
If your greasing every 8 to 12 hours of use, it's a moot point. Wheel loaders, Trac hoes, dozers and the like go for thousands of hours before pins and bushings need replaced if routinely greased. It's really a none issue.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
If your greasing every 8 to 12 hours of use, it's a moot point. Wheel loaders, Trac hoes, dozers and the like go for thousands of hours before pins and bushings need replaced if routinely greased. It's really a none issue.
They last without greasing. I've worked construction. Lol