LA534 3rd function valve help

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Hello everyone,
I have a B2650 and the pamphlets for the tractor specifically mention a third function valve. My dealer is a little less than cooperative. They are telling me that a B tractor is too small for a 3rd function kit especially when I mentioned I want to use a grapple. Their reasoning was that once you put a grapple on it won't be able to pick up anything because the wheels will come off the ground. I tried explaining that the grapple I want to use is around 300 lbs. I know other people make 3rd function kits but with a brand new tractor I would really like to stick with Kubota approved attachments.
Does anybody know what the part numbers should be for a Kubota third function valve kit?

thanks,

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Need a little more info:
Is your model cab or non?
Do you want the valve in the back or up on the center beam of the loader?
They offer both options!
Oh and just in case you didn't know it, Your dealer is a lousy dealer (being really nice with my words), it's really simple for them to look up the part and order it for you! Heck I can do it and I'm not a dealer! :rolleyes:
I would buy it from a wholesale house, Yes it's still 100% genuine Kubota, like Golden eagle, Coleman or Messicks.
In fact I would just do that, call them and tell them what you want they will set you right up!

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Sorry,

I want to use a grapple on my FEL so I want the 3rd function valve on the front. I have a B2650 ROPS tractor.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sorry,

I want to use a grapple on my FEL so I want the 3rd function valve on the front. I have a B2650 ROPS tractor.
Just for your future reference you have a B2650HSD

Call one of the Wholesalers and they will set you up.

Oh and I Actually mis-spoke, the valve mounts back on the support pillar and the lines run up front to the quick connects.
Valve mounting location.

Quick connects mounting location

Attachments

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Ok so after some gentle prodding, my dealer says they can get the third function valve kit. (B7308) but now they say it's on back order.
As a backup, I tried Messick's and they basically said the same thing. So I'm now waiting about 3 weeks (hopefully less) to see if this kit comes in. Once this kit is in, I'll see about ordering my grapple.
Can someone help enlighten me as to what the size and style of quick connecting fittings would be on there? I'm assuming it should be the same fittings I have on my front loader but I don't even know what those are called.

Thanks,

djm1204

Equipment
L4600 HST, FEL, Root Rake, Land Pride Grapple, Two way radio
Aug 11, 2014
Dunnellon, FL, USA

Ok a quick question - how expensive is this third function valve ? Is there an electric one - A dealer spoke quickly about a tractor having thus valve in case I wanted to use a grapple.

Is there - maybe should ask are there - other attachments I would use this for ?

oh I am talking about an L3800 HST tractor

Thanks

Dan

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
You have a bigger tractor than mine but the prices should be similar. I found the kit (pricing only) for 799 and my local shop says they will install it for 200 bucks.

There are aftermarket versions of the 3rd function kit that are less expensive but since this is my first tractor and it's new, I'm hesitant to go 3rd party. Essentially it's a new handle for the loader, an electric solenoid, and either two separate switches or a rocker to control the hydraulic flow.

It can be used anywhere you want or need hydraulics. Some are mounted on the back but I want one on the front. Things I have seen would be a front blade with angle adjustment, grapple, snow blower discharge chute, possibly a log splitter, etc.

Last edited: