la463 loader

Ron H

Jan 31, 2014
arnprior ont canada
Hello,just ran across this forum and i have a question! I have a l3400 8 years old and the bucket just started not going up or down unless u curl the bucket at the same time.I disconnected hoses,made sure there tight etc at times it seems to be a wine like something is under press,i thought it was ice but i have it in a heated shop and still the same thing but once in a while it will work for 30 min or so then same thing,i had to change suction hose at my rite foot 2 years ago thanks any help would be great Ron

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
3 things come to mind:

Bad/plugged/ malfunctioning valve, If you swap the 2 lines for the up/down for the 2 lines for roll you should get the problem to completely swap, if it doesn't then move past it
Bad Quick connector (least likely)
Blown seals in one or more cylinders.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Normally the oil goes through the first valve to the up or down sides of the lift cylinders. Oil coming from the other side of those cylinders passes on to the curl valve. When you are doing nothing with the curl valve, the oil is supposed to pass through it, back to the reservoir. It sounds like that center passage of the curl valve is blocked. When you just lift, the oil pressures up the lift, but the other side of the cylinder cannot dump its oil. When you also curl, the oil can pass through the 2nd valve, to the curl cylinder, so they both work.
Since it is a dual valve assy, I'd take to a local hydraulics shop for a repair. Mark the hoses well, so you get it back together right...

Ron H

Jan 31, 2014
arnprior ont canada
Ok took control apart found everything clean no visable blockages,everything look good,couplers are ok etc But first i reversed hoses,and up down control roles bucket fine but bucket control will raise boom both ways,bucket dump raises boom and so does bucket roll up. Very strange

Ron H

Jan 31, 2014
arnprior ont canada
when i started tractor the bucket worked perfect,i shut it off then backed it out of the garage and the same problem started again but it did work fine on initial start up thanks for the help Ron

bikenspike

Equipment
l185
Jan 5, 2010
Lock Haven PA 17745
I am experiencing a similar problem with my 1550 with la300 loader...all was fine until i tried rattling out some snow with the dump/roll..soon after the dump roll started sticking and would not respond other then short quick jerk but not moving..lift and lower worked fine..so I tried switching hoses around to see if i could get dump roll to respond and same problem...switched hoses back now I have no lift and lower or dump roll other than small jerking on the dump roll...I changed the hydraulic fluid and checked the suction filter and tried again with no response but the small jerk on the dump roll...the 3 point rear blade lifts just fine...I see no evidence of any obvious problem...PLEASE HELP!!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Some possibilities would be:
1: The lines are swapped around.
2: The out-port of the valve is restricted or going to the wrong place.
3: You have blown the seals out of the cylinders.
4: The valve is malfunctioning (not very likely)

#1 thing to try first is follow every line and check every coupling, Dis-connect and Re-connect.

bikenspike

Equipment
l185
Jan 5, 2010
Lock Haven PA 17745
Some possibilities would be:
1: The lines are swapped around.
2: The out-port of the valve is restricted or going to the wrong place.
3: You have blown the seals out of the cylinders.
4: The valve is malfunctioning (not very likely)

#1 thing to try first is follow every line and check every coupling, Dis-connect and Re-connect.
1.the valve you refer to is that the control ?
2.the lines you are refering to is that the steel tubes and the short rubber lines going to the cylinders..the quick connect lines at the control have been disconnected and reconnected
3. if the cylinders have blown seals would they be leaking fluid?:confused:

bandaidmd

Equipment
B2620 w/LA364 FEL ,BH65, ssqa , 1982 B8200E w/BF300FEL
May 19, 2013
Middle of DELMARVA
does your 3ph work ok, if its acting funky its a overall hydro issue not just the loader.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
1.the valve you refer to is that the control ?
2.the lines you are refering to is that the steel tubes and the short rubber lines going to the cylinders..the quick connect lines at the control have been disconnected and reconnected
3. if the cylinders have blown seals would they be leaking fluid?:confused:
Yes the loader control valve called a Spool valve.

Yes follow all the lines and connections, making sure that the 2 lines for roll cylinders are connected to the proper connections on the valve and the same for the 2 on the lift cylinders.

If the internal seals are blow you will not get any fluid leaking out it just cycles past the piston and back to the tank, and it only take one of the pair for it to be a problem.

bandaidmd brought up a good question, how is the three point working through all of this?