LA 525 Loader

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
I have a 3301 HST with a LA525 loader. What do I need to check the loader hydraulic pressure and adjust if necessary?:)

Sammy3700

Equipment
L3800HST,524Loader,BH77,Landplane,Disk,Mowers and more
Feb 20, 2012
Red Springs, NC
You need a 3000 psi gage and a female coupler and you can check it at any of the loader ports where the hoses plug. If it needs more psi look under the right floor board you will find a 22mm wrench will fit the cap and this is the relief valve. With all pressure released and loader on the ground remove this cap you will find a spring and shims you will need to add shims and replace all parts and recheck the psi. If I remember the shims are #10 bolt flat washers. Just do not get the psi too high the washers vary in thickness.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
.....and you are supposed to check it at rated engine speed, not at idle speed. IOW, about 2500 RPM, and at operating temperature. Reason being, if you set it at idle speed to, say, 2500 psi, and lock it down....then when the tractor's being used at, say 2800 RPM, your pressure can be 300 psi higher for example. Too high is no good.

Are you having a problem with the loader or power steering or 3 point lift?

melvinhatcher

Equipment
L3301HST, LA525FEL, 66" QA BUCKET, L8455CRUISE CONTROL KIT, WR LONG 3RD FUNCITIO
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
.....and you are supposed to check it at rated engine speed, not at idle speed. IOW, about 2500 RPM, and at operating temperature. Reason being, if you set it at idle speed to, say, 2500 psi, and lock it down....then when the tractor's being used at, say 2800 RPM, your pressure can be 300 psi higher for example. Too high is no good.
Good morning, lugbolt thank you for the additional information. Another question, if you don't mind, after connecting the gauge and setting the RPM at rated engine speed. Do I have to lift something, or apply down pressure on the loader to check the pressure, or will the pressure on the system be there when the RPM is increased?
The 3 point lift is a little jerky when sitting lift height, but will not leak down overnight. The power steering is good; the loader is good so far other than it will leak down some overnight.

Hondarancher4435

Equipment
B8200
Oct 8, 2014
Pa
The fact that the loader leaks down overnight has no relation to the pressure the hydraulic pump is building. If that is what your trying to fix you will be looking at rebuilding the cylinders or the control valve.

melvinhatcher

Equipment
Feb 16, 2016
Edgewood Maryland
Hondarancher4435203104 said:
The fact that the loader leaks down overnight has no relation to the pressure the hydraulic pump is building. If that is what your trying to fix you will be looking at rebuilding the cylinders or the control valve.
At this time that is not the solution that I am trying to resolve. My response to lugbolt's question about problems with the loader, power steering or 3 point lift, my reply was to just let him know that I am not really having problems, that I just wanted to know the procedure on how to check the hydraulic pressure. Later on, I will be checking on what is the acceptable loader leak down ratio.

Hondarancher4435203104 said:
Originally Posted by lugbolt View Post

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Good morning, lugbolt thank you for the additional information. Another question, if you don't mind, after connecting the gauge and setting the RPM at rated engine speed. Do I have to lift something, or apply down pressure on the loader to check the pressure, or will the pressure on the system be there when the RPM is increased?
The 3 point lift is a little jerky when sitting lift height, but will not leak down overnight. The power steering is good; the loader is good so far other than it will leak down some overnight.

Put your pressure gauge either on the loader control valve fitting. Disconnect all 4 hoses and just pick one of the fittings on the valve itself. Then with the engine at rated speed, move the loader control valve and watch your pressure gauge. If psi is low at the valve, then you'll want to move on to checking PSI at the tractor itself-which is outlined in the WSM. If PSI is good at the tractor, but low at the loader valve, you'll look at the loader valve as the most likely culprit.

If it's got warranty on it, and you think there might be an issue, let the dealer play with it. Hydraulic pressures are high enough to easily pierce the skin-and trust me from experience-you do not want that to happen.