L5030 3 point hitch / hydraulics malfunction

Did this post help in solving similar issues?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ngp

Equipment
L5030, tiler, brush hog, log spliter, grater, spreader, chemical sprayer, york
Sep 14, 2011
Rockleigh, NJ
Help please.... I have a Kubota L5030 GST. The hydraulic fluid is topped off and was changed approx 350 hours ago. I took off my backhoe after working both the backhoe and front loader without any problems for a few hours. I removed by backhoe, installed the 3 point hitch and my brush-hog. For approximately 2 hours there were no issues. Suddenly I noticed that the brush-hog was riding low and I reached down to lift it slightly. Nothing. I tried lift the 3 point hitch over and over without success. I then disconnected the left and right arms of the hitch from the piston to see if the piston would rise on its own - nothing. I manually lifted the piston while the lever was in the up position and the pistons dropped like lead weights as soon as I let them go. They were not getting any pressure.

Then I notice that the front loader was not working properly. It would not go up or down when in the lever was in the neutral or center position. If I moved the lever to the right or left and simultaneously lifted or dropped the front bucket - it would work. The front loader has stopped working in the neutral position unless you force it to release all pressure by extending the lever away from you all the way.

I inspected the entire tractor and found no leaks. Any ideas. You help is appreciated much......... Nick P

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Try operating the loader and at the same time as the three point and see if that does anything.

Ngp

Equipment
Sep 14, 2011
Rockleigh, NJ
Dear Wolfman, Yes I tried lowering and lifting the 3 pt hitch while operating and moving the loader hoping maybe there was air in the line or something like that..... no luck. I also tried today again think after the hydraulic fluid cools it will change the dynamics. No Luck. Any advise or ideas are welcome. Thanks. Nick P

Ngp

Equipment
Sep 14, 2011
Rockleigh, NJ
Dear tthorkil, Yes I did hook up the outlet hose to the return properly. I also checked that there were no leaks. Everything was working well for about 2 hours. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. I can not think why both the loader and the lifters (piston) on the 3 point hitch would go out at the same time. THanks Nick P

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It's sounding like a bypass, relief valve or pump problem.
I think you next step is to get a pressure gauge and start testing pump and beyond pressures.