L4701 hydraulic leak

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
While cutting grass I lowered the FEL a tad to get a better view of what was ahead and hydraulic fluid started spraying out the right side just in front of the brake pedals. Shut down the machine to see what was leaking. It is spraying from a flange on a hard pipe at what I will assume at this point is the pump. Got my tools out and tightened it up. I got about 1/2 turn on 1 bolt and 1-1/2 on the other bolt. That got me to a very small drip when using the FEL or 3 pt. Lost only about a quart of fluid and the level is still between the marks on the dip stick. Will take it in for a new gasket when I get home tomorrow. Here are a couple pics of where it was leaking. It was on the flange for the lower pipe at the pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Thanks NIW, thats an easy fix, I will pick one up on the way home. Not sure why or how these bolts got so loose but I will monitor them and see if they stay tight after replacing the O ring.

Last edited:

koriley

Equipment
L4701 with LA765 FE Loader and BH92 Backhoe
Sep 23, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
I sincerely hope yours is an easy fix and that Kubota supports you........My experience with a newly purchased 4701 with FEL and Backhoe (in 2015) has been nothing short of a nightmare. That, and trying to get anyone above the dealer to help you (let alone call or e-mail you) is next to impossible.

I've been posting the last two days but to no avail.

In all sincerity, best of luck. koriley62@gmail.com

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Put some blue loctite on the threads to prevent it from happening again. ;)

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Koriley I will eventually find out how my dealer is for service/support but since this is a simple fix I will do it myself just so I don't have to make 2 trips to the dealer.

NIW thanks for the loctite suggestion, I will do that when I repair it.

8upbowhunter

Equipment
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
Since my tractor was loaded on the trailer and hooked to my truck already I just took it to the dealer to get repaired. Explained what the problem was and he said if I had 15 minutes to wait he would unload it and repair it now. 30 minutes later I was on my way home. While I was there I went ahead and got everything for the 50 hr service.

Koriley at this point I have to say I have no issue with them, they went out of their way to take care of me.

Last edited: