L4400 4WD Ag tires to Industrial swap- What's Needed?

cpainter

Equipment
L4400 4wd
Apr 11, 2014
Brady, TX
Howdy Fellas,

I use the above tractor in very rough rocky terrain that's chunking out my agricultural tires. I'm thinking about replacing them with industrials when the time comes. Can I use my same wheels? Do y'all think the industrials will hold up better to hard rocky surfaces? Thanks in advance for any advice you could give.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Howdy Fellas,

I use the above tractor in very rough rocky terrain that's chunking out my agricultural tires. I'm thinking about replacing them with industrials when the time comes. Can I use my same wheels? Do y'all think the industrials will hold up better to hard rocky surfaces? Thanks in advance for any advice you could give.

Not to be a tire expert but I like industrials, there is more rubber meeting the the rocks per rotation, thus there should be a little more tire meeting the rock and the rock cutting into the tires a little less. But all that said, those rocks will eat up anything! Sure you can use the same wheels, just make sure that the rolling circumference is the same as the factory ones were.

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
Most importantly, try not to spin your tires, especially in wet or muddy rock. Moisture acts as a lubricant with rubber, no matter the tire type you will take out chunks of rubber. I like the r 4's also.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you will have to change rims too, as they are on the fronts bigger and wider and wider on the rears.

R1's AG tires and rims
6.0-16 front
14.9-24 rear

R4's Industrial tires and rims
10.0-16.5 front
17.5-24 rear

Do not very from these #'s as transmission or front end damage can and will be the result.