L4202dt

T dog

Feb 19, 2016
So i just traded an old truck on a l4202dt. Seeing the kubota name i said lets shake hands. After getting it home i realize the loader operates super slow. I would like to check the filter but i cant find it I've read about the suction filter but does anyone know where it is? Or maybe there is a notorious problem that is a known trouble spot for me to check on these units. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Being a grey market tractor your going to find very little documentation on it.
Being in Canada will help with getting parts, they are not as hard on Grey's in CA than they are in the US.
I'm pretty sure there are several aftermarket dealers in Calgary that should be able to help get parts.

The loader could be slow because of several factors.

#1 check the three point lever, set it in the middle, a out of adjustment three point will cause the loader not to work right.
But that is if the loader runs off the same hydraulic system as the tractor and not it's own system.

Does the hydraulic lines connect to a block that also connects to the pump on the back of the fuel injection pump.

Other causes would be that it does have have a severely clogged filter, now where the filter is, is the problem. It's possible that it has several filters.
#1 what loader is on it? and do you see any spin on or cartridge filters?

Normal locations of the hydraulic filter screen are either at the beginning of the of the suction line, or on the opposite side as the suction line.

Post some pictures of the hydraulic piping system, and we'll see if we can find it.

T dog

Feb 19, 2016
Thanx i will get onto that. There is a spin on filter on the rh side of the engine block but i assumed it was the engine oil filter....

T dog

Feb 19, 2016
Being in Canada will help with getting parts, they are not as hard on Grey's in CA than they are in the US.
I'm pretty sure there are several aftermarket dealers in Calgary that should be able to help get parts.

#1 check the three point lever, set it in the middle, a out of adjustment three point will cause the loader not to work right.
But that is if the loader runs off the same hydraulic system as the tractor and not it's own system.

Does the hydraulic lines connect to a block that also connects to the pump on the back of the fuel injection pump.

Other causes would be that it does have have a severely clogged filter, now where the filter is, is the problem. It's possible that it has several filters.

Normal locations of the hydraulic filter screen are either at the beginning of the of the suction line, or on the opposite side as the suction line.

Post some pictures of the hydraulic piping system, and we'll see if we can find it.
Ok so the loader says auto laser on it most everything else is faded out. 3 lines leaving it. The top line of the three goes to just in front of the seat the other 2 go under neath the seat to a block that is bolted on the lh side just above the rear axle.

T dog

Feb 19, 2016

T dog

Feb 19, 2016

T dog

Feb 19, 2016

T dog

Feb 19, 2016

T dog

Feb 19, 2016

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
First, Thanks for the pics, that say that yes it shares the tractors hydraulic system.
The 2 lines on the block are Pressure and Power beyond, and the line to the top of the case is bypass / drain.
So check out the three point function and see how well that operates.
If it good fast and strong, the problem will be in the loader valve, if it's slow and weak then it's a problem with the tractors hydraulic system.

Just a note: You need to post smaller pictures, they flood the page on the forum, about half the size you are posting now. ;)

Now as far as filter goes:
In order to check it's condition, you will need to drain all the hydralic fluid out.
For finding it:
From the pump (located right behind the Fuel injection Pump) find the large suction line and then follow it back to where it attaches to the differential case, the screen filter will be there or directly across from there on the other side of the case, it will either be a very large nut or a cap with 2 bolts.

Like one of these:

T dog

Feb 19, 2016
Thanx alot. I will chek this out. Ill try to get these photos smaller. Thanks again

T dog

Feb 19, 2016
First, Thanks for the pics, that say that yes it shares the tractors hydraulic system.
The 2 lines on the block are Pressure and Power beyond, and the line to the top of the case is bypass / drain.
So check out the three point function and see how well that operates.
If it good fast and strong, the problem will be in the loader valve, if it's slow and weak then it's a problem with the tractors hydraulic system.

Just a note: You need to post smaller pictures, they flood the page on the forum, about half the size you are posting now. ;)

Now as far as filter goes:
In order to check it's condition, you will need to drain all the hydralic fluid out.
For finding it:
From the pump (located right behind the Fuel injection Pump) find the large suction line and then follow it back to where it attaches to the differential case, the screen filter will be there or directly across from there on the other side of the case, it will either be a very large nut or a cap with 2 bolts.

Like one of these:

So it would be some where in the area in front of the rear axle correct? There us a 1 inch pipe coming from up near the hydraulic pump going to the bottom of the duff case. I do not see any caps or big nuts tho... However once i took off some of the side engine panels i see the large pipe goes into a large screw on filter that says suction filter on the side so im geussing that is my filter. But possibly there would still be a screen type filter some where else?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Some model Kubota's have both, a spin on and a screen, but most models did away with the screen when they went with the spin on filters.

Change the filter and then if the problem still exists you'll need to get a Hydraulic pressure gauge and start to do some measurements. ;)

T dog

Feb 19, 2016
Got the fluid and filter changed. Was better at the start but now a loss of power and chattering hydraulics. The loader cant even lift the front end off the ground. Possibly some suction line supply problem mabe another filter some where....

T dog

Feb 19, 2016
Also i cant get the 3 point to function at all. Possibly im missing something obvious. Some valve or something?