L3940 w/L2194 Snowblower working on a driveway

rjwa749

Equipment
L3940 Grand w/frt snowblower
Nov 27, 2010
Cle Elum
Here's a video I made to send to my neighbor that needed me to plow his driveway during New Year break.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQQLvixSY_Y&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

He left it until the morning the family was going to be at the house for New Year and I got the panicked call when they remembered it had been snowing all week.

I got my tractor this year and by the season's end I had 12 driveways of nearby neighbors I am plowing.

I put about 100 hours on the L3940 this season. It's in the garage now for the rest of the year I imagine other than an odd job here or there. I only bought the L2194 62" snowblower for it at this point as I don't have much need for it other than in the winter time.

Attachments

rjwa749

Equipment
Nov 27, 2010
Cle Elum
Great 'discharge chute' vantage point on that video! Your Kubota is making short work of that dump of snow!
Thanks Vic, it does a great job and wouldn't be without it after having a cab and heater for snow removal.

The electric chute angle adjustee worked well all year but it froze in severe cold (I think) because it blew fuses and wouldn't seem to operate even with manual assist. Once it warmed up it was fine.

rjwa749

Equipment
Nov 27, 2010
Cle Elum
Nice video. That machine makes short work of snow clearing. Gotta Love those cabs. Nice machine.
Thanks, it does a great job. A neighbor just said I can use his enclosed garage so I'll have some good space to work on it now.

New front fenders are in and being picked up Wednesday. Hope the chains will clear them, looks like they should. I have the chains set up pretty tight so they don't grow much at speed.

jeffburton

Sep 14, 2011
New Richmond, WI
I have a question for you - does the fact that the blower width does not cover your rear tires cause problems? I am looking at a 3540 and it bugs me that the blower they recommend is only 62" wide.

rjwa749

Equipment
Nov 27, 2010
Cle Elum
I have a question for you - does the fact that the blower width does not cover your rear tires cause problems? I am looking at a 3540 and it bugs me that the blower they recommend is only 62" wide.
It hasn't been an issue, although it does leave a tire imprint on the edge of the snow. in icey conditions it may provide a bit of traction I imagine.

I hadn't truly thought about it but I can recall the tire track on a straight plow run.

I have attached a picture of a straight cut into a virgin driveway. You and see the slight track, this is after I backed out but the narrower blower doesn't bother appearance or effectiveness in my view.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tmac60

Equipment
B3000/63" Front Blower/FEL/Box Blade
Sep 22, 2011
Spring Lake MI
You mention putting chains on. I just purchased a B3000 with 61" blower weighted ag tires. Hoping to get away with out chains. Any thoughts?

rjwa749

Equipment
Nov 27, 2010
Cle Elum
You mention putting chains on. I just purchased a B3000 with 61" blower weighted ag tires. Hoping to get away with out chains. Any thoughts?
We had a late snow after all the roads had cleared and the weather warmed up, the late snow melted and a cold snap ensued with an additional 54" of snow over the next week.

The melt caused a sheet of ice to form under the fresh snow and it left about an inch or more of ice. There just wasn't enough traction to make it up the hills around here. I had gone all year without chains, over 100 hours of blowing but the ice was too much. I hope to do most of my blowing this year without chains as well.

Hope his helps.

Tmac60

Equipment
B3000/63" Front Blower/FEL/Box Blade
Sep 22, 2011
Spring Lake MI
Yes that does help, mostly flat here in michigan. Ordered a set of rear work lights last night for my new B3000, having a blast so far with the FEL and ready for some snow so I can put the new blower on it.