L3940 - Backup Camera Add On

lddykstra

Equipment
L3940HSTC
Feb 5, 2014
Rock Valley, Iowa
A Backup Camera is Great if you do alot of tasks with rear implements.
I added one recently for only $185. It is saving me lots of neck strain!!

I purchased my equipment from Amazon.
7" HD Color Screen - Brand = Boyo Model #VTM7012 = $125
HD Water proof Camera - Brand = Boyo Model #VTK230HD = $60

There are cheaper options and also more expensive options. This particular setup I have been really happy with.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.

Welcome to the site.

Looks great. Your going to enjoy having that back there. I added my first camera to our 4240 back in 2008 then added it to the 5740 in 2011. I put one in the truck as well. Ours got the inferred feature that I like. The camera is mounted on a special bracket I adapted to the left rear cab light.

lddykstra

Equipment
L3940HSTC
Feb 5, 2014
Rock Valley, Iowa
Thanks guys,

I was thinking of also adding a camera to the front grill so I could better see the ends of my pallet forks. The screen I have will except multiple cameras.

Wildfire, can you explain some of the benefits of the infared camera type?

Regards
Lowell

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
Thanks guys,

I was thinking of also adding a camera to the front grill so I could better see the ends of my pallet forks. The screen I have will except multiple cameras.

Wildfire, can you explain some of the benefits of the infared camera type?

Regards
Lowell
Your welcome Lowell. I think they should all come with back up cameras. Very safe feature to haven my opinion.

The inferred camera is great in complete darkness. Once it gets dark the camera will switch over to black & White but you can see as if it was daylight. Super system.

My system can take up to 3 cameras. I have one in the back and one on the front light bar. It comes in handy for sure.

Here's a few photos.

Cheers, Paul