L3902 - Implement Limits for Harrows

JohnnieSegment

Equipment
L3902
Jan 30, 2023
Perth, ON
Hey all,

New L3902 owner here. I have been surprised by the fairly low implement weight and size limits listed in the owners manual. One implement I've always wanted is the "Power Harrow" which stirs the soil horizontally, vs mixing it vertically.

Found something that matched my HP - the Kuhn HRB 122 (https://www.en.kuhn-canada.com/crop/tillage-tools/secondary-tillage/power-harrows/hrb-102)

Problem is, there's not comparable tool with a listed weight limit in the manual, so I am kind of guessing here. Something tells me that dragging those 1,080 lbs of steel turning through my heavier soils would be outside of my machine's tolerances (despite front loader/bucket, despite loaded tires).

Questions are:
Am I probably correct that this implement is too heavy for my L3902?
Is there a power harrow out there that I should be looking at instead?
Is there maybe another implement that will do the job I am shooting for (horizontal, NOT vertical agitation)?

Thanks for any hot tips.

Reactions: 1 user

DaveFromMi

Equipment
L3901, 5' Bush Hog
Apr 14, 2021
Indiana
If you get a width to cover the width of your tires, maybe some more, you should be good to go. Probably should run it in 4WD with loader attached.
Updated: Looks like you need the 152 model.

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Hey all,

New L3902 owner here. I have been surprised by the fairly low implement weight and size limits listed in the owners manual. One implement I've always wanted is the "Power Harrow" which stirs the soil horizontally, vs mixing it vertically.

Found something that matched my HP - the Kuhn HRB 122 (https://www.en.kuhn-canada.com/crop/tillage-tools/secondary-tillage/power-harrows/hrb-102)

Problem is, there's not comparable tool with a listed weight limit in the manual, so I am kind of guessing here. Something tells me that dragging those 1,080 lbs of steel turning through my heavier soils would be outside of my machine's tolerances (despite front loader/bucket, despite loaded tires).

Questions are:
Am I probably correct that this implement is too heavy for my L3902?
Is there a power harrow out there that I should be looking at instead?
Is there maybe another implement that will do the job I am shooting for (horizontal, NOT vertical agitation)?

Thanks for any hot tips.
Where did you get that it's outside the limits?
The L3902 has a three point that will lift 1985lbs at the pin and 1433lbs at 24" behind the pins.
The unit that your looking at is only 1,080 lbs.

Reactions: 1 users