L3901 with Land Pride SA20 hyd auger

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
You need to see it, and you need to get close.

You need to keep the center available for the concrete mixer.

View attachment 51476
I'm constantly telling my buddies about your build thread for that thing. Super jealous that mine isn't setup like that, and makes me wish I had more concrete projects so I could justify modifying my SA20 lol.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Thanks.

It is true that it "spins" about half the speed of the PTO version but I can say after over 1000 holes with the setup, NOBODY has ever said "wow it drills slow". Most of the time they stare in amazement. My 3pt is bouncy fast. The hydraulic is slower but more powerful. I will be selling the 3pt.

I did 60 nasty holes this morning (all rocky fill), 50+ to full depth. It took 2-1/2 hours. My 3pt would not have drilled any of them to depth.

Reactions: 1 user

Bcamos

Equipment
L3901
Nov 1, 2016
Texas
Thanks.

It is true that it "spins" about half the speed of the PTO version but I can say after over 1000 holes with the setup, NOBODY has ever said "wow it drills slow". Most of the time they stare in amazement. My 3pt is bouncy fast. The hydraulic is slower but more powerful. I will be selling the 3pt.

I did 60 nasty holes this morning (all rocky fill), 50+ to full depth. It took 2-1/2 hours. My 3pt would not have drilled any of them to depth.
Yep! A post hole digger is a must when using a 3pt because you have to finish them off by hand, every time. With the hydraulic auger, I haven't needed them.