L3901 cold weather start

res

Equipment
L3301HST, 7' back blade
Oct 25, 2014
Cadillac, Mi
My 3560 was able to complete its second regen today at about 10 F. Required a higher rpm to get the symbol to stop blinking, about 2400, than when the air temp was warmer this fall. Seemed like it took a little longer about 15 min.

I think it would be nicer from a user point of view if one could initiate regen any time convenient after 90% or so. Mine has a tendency to reach 100% about when I want to put it away. The tech from my dealer told me just to wait until the next time I wanted to use it. However, the coming week is forecast to be even colder here so I didn't want to run into problems if it hit 100% just as I started it up. But finding something for it to do or just waiting for it to finish regen is a PITA if you are tired cold and hungry. Does anyone have any idea how long you can run your tractor in the different regen stages, eg light on but no beeping, beeping and light?
Though I worked it during regen, I did hop off, set the park brake, left the rpm's up and went in to use the facilities. Seems cold does not affect the regen of the tractor as much as bodily functions!!:D Pretty sure if the rpms are up, you can just let it run without actually working You do of course have to shut the tractor off when complete.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
ShaunRh for president, I'm with you brother,.......... Just buried my only son in the name of freedom for this country, our way of life and to watch govt. trample it for no justifiable cause just brings more tears nuf said...
I am deeply sorry for your loss. I cannot state my gratitude enough for your and your sons sacrifice in the name of freedom, my freedom, our freedom. I owe you both a debt of gratitude that can never be repaid, but I can only try to repay it by honoring the sacrifice and remain free, keeping others free as well.

I thank you and your son from the bottom of my heart.

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
What? How can they regulate something on private property? Do you need the tags to use roads between fields?

Duarte's still there?
It's currently a more casual regulation, they are closing down the 'grace' period this year sometime. They 'drive' by your property (police agency, farm bureau, whatever) and if they see an unregistered tractor, they can cite you on the spot or report it and you'll get a visit.

Oh, this has been touted as an environmental issue, however, the actual issue is they can now count your registered tractor into their property tax systems like aircraft and boats. It's a large new income stream for the State. This State is getting desperate for money to appear more solvent than it is...

Mike of Southern IL

Equipment
2014 Kubota L3200 HST 4-WD, FEL,
Jun 17, 2014
Pocahontas, IL USA
I was wondering if I'd get to use the tractor for snow removal this year but good ole southern IL came thru. Went out to the pole barn to start the tractor (L3200) after sitting for about 5 weeks and the darn thing fired right up in 10 degree weather. This is the first winter I've had it and really was wondering if I made a mistake not getting the block heater (going to have one installed when I bring it in for the 50 hr service). Got 8" of snow but the drifting was producing 2' drifts. Made quick work out of it between the FEL and the box blade. So so happy I bought it! Last year and the winter from hell helped that decision along.