L3800 2013 runs - craps out when HST pedal touched/pressed.

GrammyQSue

Equipment
L3800
Jan 18, 2024
Vernon-Rockville, CT
L3800 2013 runs - craps out when HST pedal touched/pressed.
Found some helpful information about changing fuel filter, and trouble linking to the HST pedal. I can’t find the necessary parts, illustrations, if needed. Irritating right now b/c I need to plow my driveway and it’s freezing out (everyone is freezing). I also recharged the battery b/c at first it wouldn’t turn over. Appreciate your time.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Seat switch or the HST switch.

Reactions: 1 users

GrammyQSue

Equipment
L3800
Jan 18, 2024
Vernon-Rockville, CT
I’ve checked that and it is very stiff. When you sit on the seat, switch goes down, but doesn’t pop back up. Is it because it’s not moving freely? Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
These are the locations of the 2 switches:
The WSM will have testing procedure for both.

1705603196543.png

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
L3800HST seat switch has three positions.

Make sure PTO is set in OFF position. PTO actually has 2 switches in it. Jumpering without reading the schematic will cause problems due to mixed circuits.

HST switch is physically found in the center pedestal on the right inside next to right foot when sitting on the tractor seat. It is activated by mechanical levers from the HST pedal. It is possible for this switch to be out of alignment. This switch is also actually 2 switches on 2 different circuits.

GrammyQSue

Equipment
L3800
Jan 18, 2024
Vernon-Rockville, CT
I always answer prior to reading your suggestions. PTO is off. I assume the HST pedal is out of alignment.

———— my reply before reading your note.
Hello - Seat safety switch does not freely move. When you get off the seat it still runs…. Then I get back on and it shuts off. The plunger on the HST switch does move / it’s semi firm. I let it warm up for an extended period and still no luck. I should probably replace the seat safety switch first? Recommend any Kubota on line parts store? Regards….

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
I assume the HST pedal is out of alignment.

Looking from the top of the tractor floor, the switch on the right of the upright pedestal, you should be able to move the HST pedal by hand with the tractor off, and watch the mechanical levers depress the switch button both forward and reverse. You can eyeball alignment.

Electrically, disconnect the harness from the switch, use the schematic, and ohm-meter the pins with button in and button out. That checks the switch only.

With the seat switch harness disconnected, ohm the switch for each lever position in empty seat, occupied seat, and seat pulled forward. That will check the electric side of the seat switch. Check to see that the seat stop is actually touching the seat switch and moving the switch lever.

Mail order Messicks and Coleman Equipment well-known. Look at ship charges before ordering.

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
Struck out…. Simple search off Model L3800 - keep getting 0 results.

Model of L3800 should bring up choice of L3800H. If it doesn't work for you try looking at Coleman Equipment website under L3800H or L3800HST model. Or ask here for a part number.

GrammyQSue

Equipment
L3800
Jan 18, 2024
Vernon-Rockville, CT
I assume the HST pedal is out of alignment.

Looking from the top of the tractor floor, the switch on the right of the upright pedestal, you should be able to move the HST pedal by hand with the tractor off, and watch the mechanical levers depress the switch button both forward and reverse. You can eyeball alignment.

Electrically, disconnect the harness from the switch, use the schematic, and ohm-meter the pins with button in and button out. That checks the switch only.

With the seat switch harness disconnected, ohm the switch for each lever position in empty seat, occupied seat, and seat pulled forward. That will check the electric side of the seat switch. Check to see that the seat stop is actually touching the seat switch and moving the switch lever.

Mail order Messicks and Coleman Equipment well-known. Look at ship charges before ordering.