L3750 oil leak behind the dash?

Taylorwillis

Equipment
L3750 1984
Nov 1, 2019
Texas
I'm working on a 1984 L3750, I've been getting all stuff I need to seal some leaks the tractor has. While the tractor was warming up I noticed a pretty fast leak that was coming from behind the dash area of the tractor. I don't have any way of seeing what the problem is just yet, because I couldn't figure out how to get the panels off or the dash out. The problem is behind the firewall and and the dash. I'm certain it is transmission fluid coming from these area. Any help will do me well. Thank you.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
My leak in that area turned out to be coming from the power steering caused by a loose jubilee clip on the return pipe. Hope that helps

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm working on a 1984 L3750, I've been getting all stuff I need to seal some leaks the tractor has. While the tractor was warming up I noticed a pretty fast leak that was coming from behind the dash area of the tractor. I don't have any way of seeing what the problem is just yet, because I couldn't figure out how to get the panels off or the dash out. The problem is behind the firewall and and the dash. I'm certain it is transmission fluid coming from these area. Any help will do me well. Thank you.
It's coming from the steering controller or lines to the controller. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Awesome, thanks guys. How did you manage to get to them?
Most models require you to remove the dash and lower panels to get to it, the bolts that hold in the lower panel are in from the engine side of the shutter plate (fire wall).

If your model is a hydraulic suttle it could be leaking on a shuttle lune or control too.
And if your not losing power steering fluid (separate small tank) then I would bet your issue is in that control. ;)

Taylorwillis

Equipment
L3750 1984
Nov 1, 2019
Texas
Cool thanks for the info, I was hoping it would be easier to get to haha. I'll have a busy weekend ahead of me.

GillesRoger

Equipment
B1750 tractor, RC60-B mower, TG2754 Plow, B5320 weight box, B2550 snowblower
Oct 17, 2019
Westphal
Cool thanks for the info, I was hoping it would be easier to get to haha. I'll have a busy weekend ahead of me.
I know its been a while but I'm curious if you resolved the leak. I have a similar issue on my B1750 and could use some tips before I dismantle the tractor. Tks, Gil

Taylorwillis

Equipment
L3750 1984
Nov 1, 2019
Texas
Hey Buddy, Sorry for the late reply. I actually have put this is off until I had more time. I'm going to look at for diagrams before I tackle this. I have a service book that I picked up, I'll get that name over to you once I get my book. A website I use a lot is ColemanEquipment.com You'll have to make an account to see the diagrams, but it is well worth the trouble. Also have a lot of parts available that I've had trouble finding. I'm going to start on this project on the 21st. I'll let you know how it goes. If you have already tackled this I hope it went alright for ya.