L3650 stopped moving

Big Orange

Equipment
L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
Have not posted in a while but weird thing happened. I had the tractor warming up for a few in the yard and then went to move it to plow, the transmission was in 3rd gear (GST) I throttled it up let out the clutch and nothing happened. I shifted to reverse and nothing. I then moved the shift to 4th and went fine, then back to 3rd and it was then fine as well this one item has not happened again. A couple days later I was plowing in 4th and tractor was moving but very slow after really warming up it seemed fine. I have just added the plow and hydraulics to the rear remotes for the front bucket mounted plow. I also blew a line the other day. I checked the fluid and with all sitting idle and rams all retracted the super UDT 2 fluid level is just above the bottom line on the site glass. Is all this possibly just low fluid? I did notice when I angle the plow and raise the 3 point counter weight all the way up as well as tilt my bucket and raise it for plowing the fluid is barly in the sight glass.:confused:
Any help would be greatly appreciated

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would take your fluid level up to the top of the second line and see if that "fixes" it.
If it does it again check the Power Steering at the same time and see if it's working, The GST system and the PS share the same pump and if it's not getting the proper fluid flow then the PS will also fail.
Could also be that the pressure of the GST system is set a little on the low side.

Big Orange

Equipment
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
I would take your fluid level up to the top of the second line and see if that "fixes" it.
If it does it again check the Power Steering at the same time and see if it's working, The GST system and the PS share the same pump and if it's not getting the proper fluid flow then the PS will also fail.
Could also be that the pressure of the GST system is set a little on the low side.
Thanks Wolfman, My first thing to do was fill the fluid up. where is the setting of the GST located?
this wouldn't have anything to do with my still have problem of shifting into reverse would it?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Sadly I think you reverse sticking problem is a worn synchronizer ring that is not allowing it to line up.

Setting the pressure on the GST is adjusted on the pressure regulator on the back of the filter housing.
You need to put a gauge onto the input port of the GST to test.

Big Orange

Equipment
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
Sadly I think you reverse sticking problem is a worn synchronizer ring that is not allowing it to line up.

Setting the pressure on the GST is adjusted on the pressure regulator on the back of the filter housing.
You need to put a gauge onto the input port of the GST to test.
Thanks Wolfman