L3560

Shesh

Equipment
B2920
Mar 10, 2022
Ariss, ON
Good day,
I have a B2920 with an L364 loader and 60" mid mount mower.
The loader on my machine does not have enough lifting power for what I need, and I would also like a tractor with a larger frame.
I found an open station L3560 that suits my needs perfectly and has a mid pto. But the dealer is saying there is no mid mower available for it.
Apparently the biggest tractor with a mid mower is the LX3310, but the specs for that tractor are not much different from my B2920.
So what's a guy to do? A 3 pth finishing mower is not an option, don't want it.
Other manufacturers have options, but I just don't want to switch brands.
I'd be looking for something that is newer with low hours.
Thanks.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
The L3560 looks like a great machine. My dealer had one on the lot about a month ago. They had it parked next to a L3901 and it was quite a bit bigger and more manly in appearance. If he had had a loader I may have bought it. In my case its primary usage would be trail mowing and tree/fire wood related activities. I have the MMM on my B2601 and am trying to work up the courage to remove the MMM for the first time. I have already bent the deck and messed up a deck wheel after only 40 hours of usage. MMM=PIA /IMO. The pull behind mower is far simpler and unless you are constrained for storage space I would not be so quick to dismiss it. You might come to love it. Thats what I will use should I pursue The L3560. Good luck.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Good day,
I have a B2920 with an L364 loader and 60" mid mount mower.
The loader on my machine does not have enough lifting power for what I need, and I would also like a tractor with a larger frame.
I found an open station L3560 that suits my needs perfectly and has a mid pto. But the dealer is saying there is no mid mower available for it.
Apparently the biggest tractor with a mid mower is the LX3310, but the specs for that tractor are not much different from my B2920.
So what's a guy to do? A 3 pth finishing mower is not an option, don't want it.
Other manufacturers have options, but I just don't want to switch brands.
I'd be looking for something that is newer with low hours.
Thanks.
Have your dealer (or another dealer) investigate more closely. MMMs have been available for some GL models in the past. I expect that such is still the case, though such sales are unusual.

Reactions: 1 user

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
The L3560 looks like a great machine. My dealer had one on the lot about a month ago. They had it parked next to a L3901 and it was quite a bit bigger and more manly in appearance. If he had had a loader I may have bought it. In my case its primary usage would be trail mowing and tree/fire wood related activities. I have the MMM on my B2601 and am trying to work up the courage to remove the MMM for the first time. I have already bent the deck and messed up a deck wheel after only 40 hours of usage. MMM=PIA /IMO. The pull behind mower is far simpler and unless you are constrained for storage space I would not be so quick to dismiss it. You might come to love it. Thats what I will use should I pursue The L3560. Good luck.
Never owned a 2601 but I can remove the MMM from either my B1750 or my B3350 in about 15 minutes. Takes about 20 minutes to install either. First time will, of course. take longer.

Shesh

Equipment
B2920
Mar 10, 2022
Ariss, ON
I have about 5 acres of grass to cut, lots of trees, and lots of newly planted saplings. So pretty sure my neck would give out pretty quick from looking back all the time. The mid mount mower on my B2920 is easy to remove and put back on. There are lots of Youtube videos showing how to do it if you need a primer.

Shesh

Equipment
B2920
Mar 10, 2022
Ariss, ON
Have your dealer (or another dealer) investigate more closely. MMMs have been available for some GL models in the past. I expect that such is still the case, though such sales are unusual.
I contacted my local dealer here in Ontario Canada, and also contacted Messicks. Both say there is no mid mount mower for an L3560.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have an L3560 open station, and I mow with a flail mower. It runs much closer to the back of the tractor than regular pull behind mowers. I have it offset to the right, and to keep track of how far it sticks out when I am mowing a fence line, I taped a small stick to the FEL that sticks out the same distance. If you are doing something that requires looking back a lot, the seat swivels. Didn't think I'd ever need it, but comes in handy. The 3560 is a great tractor.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
First, the L3560 is an great tractor. I love mine. If I had the 5 acres you're describing I'd get a zero turn and call it a day. It'll do a much better job going around all those saplings and trees than any tractor with a MMM.

Reactions: 1 users

Shesh

Equipment
B2920
Mar 10, 2022
Ariss, ON
First, the L3560 is an great tractor. I love mine. If I had the 5 acres you're describing I'd get a zero turn and call it a day. It'll do a much better job going around all those saplings and trees than any tractor with a MMM.
I also do snow clearing, bush hogging, moving aggregates around, cleaning out stalls, moving around odds and ends, tilling out plots. So one machine for all is my preference.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
I have an L3560 open station, and I mow with a flail mower. It runs much closer to the back of the tractor than regular pull behind mowers. I have it offset to the right, and to keep track of how far it sticks out when I am mowing a fence line, I taped a small stick to the FEL that sticks out the same distance. If you are doing something that requires looking back a lot, the seat swivels. Didn't think I'd ever need it, but comes in handy. The 3560 is a great tractor.
Exactly what I was going to say.....when I was considering an L3560 I was going to go with a flail mower over a rear finish mower, just for that reason that a flail has a way shorter footprint.