L3560 or LX3310

AR-Head

Jun 19, 2020
Georgia
Looking to purchase my first tractor. Have always been around tractors and borrowed/used family tractors but now owning some land calls for a need to have my own. I know my two choices are on totally different ends of the spectrums but so far those are the choices I have in mind. I like the creature comforts offered by both machines. Not crazy about the HST on the LX but I can live with it. Most of the required work will be loader(moving some dirt, logs/brush and some boulders), maintaining a gravel driveway, keeping the land clean after having it brush mulched, and maybe a small garden. 10acres of land, .25mile driveway, ~7acres wooded/overgrown land. How important is the weight of the tractor? Most of the land is flat, no major slopes. Also possibility of encountering standing water or water soaked ground. PTO implements in mind would be rotary cutter and tiller, can’t think of anything else that I need. Thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I can't speak towards the LX, but I can tell you the L3560 HST+ transmission is very nice. When I purchased it, I didn't realize how nice that transmission is. The HST+ allows me to accomplish almost everything in M and with the + it has the High/Low.

As far as loader work, it has accomplished lots of different task for me, from moving dirt to moving lots and lots of brush.

I think you will like either tractor, but I can tell you I have been pleased with the L3560HSTC.

Resized_20200606_090738.jpeg

Resized_20200530_104407.jpeg
Resized_20190530_110242_9753001.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I have both an L3560 and a B2650, the predecessor of the LX. Both HST. I wish the B had the transmission of the Grand L. If the larger size of the L3560 is not a problem for your space, hands down it is the better tractor.

As far as weight and wet ground, choose tires and loaded versus not carefully. I have the industrial tires which are wide, and loaded, and can run around my backyard fine without making a mess. Traction in slop is manageable but may not be the best. You might do better with wheel weights you can take off, and either turf tires or ag tires.

Last edited:

AR-Head

Jun 19, 2020
Georgia
Yea size of the tractor isn’t a major concern as once the land is cleaned up I should be able to navigate around trees easily with a ~5’ wide tractor.
I have priced both tractors on the build your Kubota website. Price wise there isn’t a major difference. The only implements I am looking at right is FEL, bucket, grapple, box blade(or land plane not sure which would be better) and a rotary cutter. Not concerned much with tillage of ground at this time.

Those with the L3560 which loader did you choose and how much worry is there with 805 loader connections hanging off the right side of the tractor?

AR-Head

Jun 19, 2020
Georgia
Another question, with considering the LX3310 what would one do with the mid mount PTO if I have no real uses in mind for it? Don’t really need a large mower, already have a zero turn and snow is a RARE occurrence in Georgia. If it’s not used will it cause any issues and the seals eventually rot and need replacing?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Looking to purchase my first tractor. Have always been around tractors and borrowed/used family tractors but now owning some land calls for a need to have my own. I know my two choices are on totally different ends of the spectrums but so far those are the choices I have in mind. I like the creature comforts offered by both machines. Not crazy about the HST on the LX but I can live with it. Most of the required work will be loader(moving some dirt, logs/brush and some boulders), maintaining a gravel driveway, keeping the land clean after having it brush mulched, and maybe a small garden. 10acres of land, .25mile driveway, ~7acres wooded/overgrown land. How important is the weight of the tractor? Most of the land is flat, no major slopes. Also possibility of encountering standing water or water soaked ground. PTO implements in mind would be rotary cutter and tiller, can’t think of anything else that I need. Thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
I am currently considering the same options to replace my B3350.

I already have an L6060 and agree with the earlier posters about the HST+ transmission in the 3560, which is the same as that in my L6060. It is wonderful and you will love it! Nothing wrong with the HST transmission in the B series but it does not have the hydraulic Hi/Lo nor does it have the servo activated HST pedal which reduces fatigue. The other HST+ features are nice but not so important in my opinion.

When I decided to replace my 2018 B3350 (don't ask) I originally planned to replace it with the new LX3310 but am now considering the L3560 because it is considerably more tractor (though I don't need more tractor for the purposes that I use my B3350) and not much more expensive. It would be a no brainer if I did not have multiple implements for my B3350 which would need to be replaced at additional expense.

Can't help you with the FEL options decision as I have the same question myself. My thinking is to buy the lower cost FEL if I buy a 3560 because I already have FELs for my L6060 and M9960 so do not really need extra capacity at additional cost. Would still buy a FEL because it is difficult to sell a compact tractor (future) without a FEL.

One additional thing to consider is rough cut (bush hog) mower capability. Though either the 3310 or the 3560 have sufficient PTO HP to handle a 5' rough cut mower, the 3310 is limited to 500 Lbs. for a rear mounted rotary cutter. To stay within this limit, you would need a very light weight (cheap) 5' cutter or a 4' model. The lift of the 3560 is rated to handle nearly all 5' rotary mowers and then some.

Finally, a point often not considered: HP/weight ratio. The 3560 is much heavier than the 3310 but offers only 1 HP more at the PTO. It takes HP to move weight, especially uphill. This may be an insignificant issue if you have level ground but I have some ground that is very steep so it is not insignificant in my case. OTHER ISSUES IGNORED, a B3350/3310 will walk away from an L3560 pulling just about anything uphill because it is much lighter. The only negative comments that I have heard about the 3560 relate to power. Granted, most such comments are from owners that expect too much from a small tractor rated at 28 PTO HP. Still, something to consider.

SDT

Reactions: 1 users

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Another question, with considering the LX3310 what would one do with the mid mount PTO if I have no real uses in mind for it? Don’t really need a large mower, already have a zero turn and snow is a RARE occurrence in Georgia. If it’s not used will it cause any issues and the seals eventually rot and need replacing?
No reliability issues if you do not use it. Not even ground clearance issues as it is tucked up inside the frame.

The potential positive is that you could add a MMM in the future if your plans change.

Doing so with a 3560 introduces several potential issues.

SDT

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Regarding the location of the hydraulics on the side, they are right where you can see them, so to rip them off would take some wild driving. I heard the same objection voiced for the fuel fill location, but that is the reason I bought a 3560 over some other choices. It is way nicer to fill a tank standing on the ground. That is a big plus for me. Hard to fill the 2650 tank, have to stand on something and balance the jug.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Regarding the location of the hydraulics on the side, they are right where you can see them, so to rip them off would take some wild driving. I heard the same objection voiced for the fuel fill location, but that is the reason I bought a 3560 over some other choices. It is way nicer to fill a tank standing on the ground. That is a big plus for me. Hard to fill the 2650 tank, have to stand on something and balance the jug.
What?

I fill the tank on my B3350 with little effort while standing on the ground. It is only a bit higher than the filler of my L6060.

Not so with the filler on my ROPS M9960, which is a real PITA.

SDT

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
What?

I fill the tank on my B3350 with little effort while standing on the ground. It is only a bit higher than the filler of my L6060.

Not so with the filler on my ROPS M9960, which is a real PITA.

SDT
Let's just say between being vertically challenged, old, and some what decrepit, it is hard. I also use a Mr Funnel, so have to be a bit higher up. To each his own, enjoy what you can do while you can.

AR-Head

Jun 19, 2020
Georgia
Thanks that’s what I was figuring but wanted to be sure from what others that have used the tractors experience was.

AR-Head

Jun 19, 2020
Georgia
No reliability issues if you do not use it. Not even ground clearance issues as it is tucked up inside the frame.

The potential positive is that you could add a MMM in the future if your plans change.

Doing so with a 3560 introduces several potential issues.

SDT
Thanks SDT. Curious that that 3310 would only handle a 500lb “bush hog” can I assume that it’s because most of the weight would be further away from the 3pt hitch? Would a flail mower be a better option? That was something I had thought of for the 3310 would be a front mounted flail mower to run off the mid mount PTO. I attached a picture of what my property currently looks like. It’s mostly overgrown brush, land was cleared for timber and never maintained afterwards. Think a flail mower could handle clearing it? Also that rock is indicative of several that would be moved.

Attachments

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
I have the LA805 loader on mine, glad I got the more powerful one. No issues with the hydraulics on the side, but I'm in the desert! Having the low fuel fill is awesome for this old guy. Perfect height to take the diesel can from the pickup tailgate or my garage cart with minimal effort. I love my L3560! Had it for 2 years now and have about 160 hours on it puttering around my property.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Thanks SDT. Curious that that 3310 would only handle a 500lb “bush hog” can I assume that it’s because most of the weight would be further away from the 3pt hitch? Would a flail mower be a better option? That was something I had thought of for the 3310 would be a front mounted flail mower to run off the mid mount PTO. I attached a picture of what my property currently looks like. It’s mostly overgrown brush, land was cleared for timber and never maintained afterwards. Think a flail mower could handle clearing it? Also that rock is indicative of several that would be moved.
The limiting factor is the structural integrity of the three point hitch mechanism and mounts for such. The mechanism is much smaller than that of the 3560 and the transaxle is aluminum.

Sorry, no experience with flail mowers.

SDT

AR-Head

Jun 19, 2020
Georgia
The limiting factor is the structural integrity of the three point hitch mechanism and mounts for such. The mechanism is much smaller than that of the 3560 and the transaxle is aluminum.

Sorry, no experience with flail mowers.

SDT
Thanks I think I know which tractor will do everything I need and unless something really compelling with LX series comes up before purchasing I think I stick with the Grand series. I went and saw a LX2610SU at the dealer and it was much smaller than I anticipated.

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Thanks I think I know which tractor will do everything I need and unless something really compelling with LX series comes up before purchasing I think I stick with the Grand series. I went and saw a LX2610SU at the dealer and it was much smaller than I anticipated.
Where in Georgia are you and what dealer did you go to?