L35 auxiliary hydraulics

Yarg

Equipment
L35
May 25, 2018
Catskills ny
Hello, my name is Gary and I'm new to this site. I have an L35 and would like to use it to run the county drill. It is a Truax grain drill model 7512 which requires two sets of hydraulics..one for the no-till and one for the seed. I do not have auxiliary hydraulics on the machine since. I would only do this once a year for a few Acres and was trying to figure my best option would it be to disconnect the front end loader off the main pilot and just have four hoses made up, then I would be able to use my loader control for both functions.. would love to hear some thoughts thanks for any help, Gary

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I don't think it will work, because I don't think you can have constant flow out of both the loader outputs at the same time. ;)

You would have to try a static test.

greenacresnorth

Equipment
L2501,BH77
Feb 18, 2018
Morganton,NC
I don't think it will work, because I don't think you can have constant flow out of both the loader outputs at the same time. ;)

You would have to try a static test.
all the hydraulics are doing is raising cylinders up and down. So yes, your loader controller would work. used to run a 8' trailer style mower and doors on a brown tree saw on a L4300 with the loader valve.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I looked it up and the hydraulics needed look like they are just for cylinders (I was under the false impression that they would run a hydraulic motor), so yea the loader control should work perfectly. ;)

Yarg

Equipment
L35
May 25, 2018
Catskills ny
Thanks for all the info and responses. my next question is actually removing the lines from the pilot valve, will the loader just remain in that position and not fall to the ground or do I have to secure it up somehow any info on the steps of doing this would be greatly appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Because the L35 does not have a quick detachable loader, I take it you're going to leave the loader on the tractor when your using the tractor to plant.
Also I'm betting on the loader control lines not having quick couplers on the lines.
Also if you going to leave the loader on, with the lines detached from the cylinders you going to need to tie the bucket back to keep it from falling forward, and your going to need to block the lift cylinders to keep it from falling.

Even with quick couplers on the lines I wouldn't rely on them to hold the loader in place.
And The pressure on the lines would make it incredibly hard to hook it back up when your done. ;)

Last edited:

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Take a look at serious backhoes. Some have a device to lock cylinders up so you can safely work under them. Although more polished than my description, the devices look like pieces of angle iron that slide over the cylinder push rods and hold it up. You may be able to make something inexpensive up. Do not rely on the weight of the FEL to hold the lift arm safety locks in place. Be careful not to damage the push rod chrome surface.

Either make the lift arm locks such that even if the bucket tips, it wont contact the ground or tie the bucket back with a ratchet strap.

Dave

Yarg

Equipment
L35
May 25, 2018
Catskills ny
Thanks for info, I guess now my concern is difficulty in switching lines back out, how do you deal with that pressure situation.

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks for info, I guess now my concern is difficulty in switching lines back out, how do you deal with that pressure situation.
If you block the loader and release any pressure on the line (so it's only supported by the block) you will have no issues reattaching it. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It will be messy but you could loosen the quick coupler fitting to relieve the pressure.
It doesn't have Quick couplers, It's not a removable loader.
And if it had quick couplers, doing that on a fully hydraulically supported loader could get you killed! :eek:
You would never loosen any line that is supporting something with hydraulic pressure. ;)

Reactions: 1 user