L345DT engine and injector question

Jeeprrz

Equipment
Kubota L345DT
Jun 28, 2023
New Hampshire
Hey all - been reading on the forum and decided to join up. My dad and I are working on a L345DT that he picked up a couple months ago. Aside from a leaky hydraulic cylinder it operates pretty well but seems to need glow plugs and possibly injectors.

I THINK we've found the injectors we need but what gives us pause is that everything we can find references the V1501 engine. However this tractor is stamped as having the V1501-DA. I'm not sure what the DA designates and I feel like I've read everything the internet has to offer on Kubota engine model number suffixes. I do know they made a marinized version of this engine as well.

So really there's two main questions here - are we on the right path for the injectors? And does anyone know what the DA stands for? (mostly just curious on this if it doesn't make much difference to ordering parts)

ETA the injector number we think is correct: 15271-53020

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is the only place to buy the injectors from, the rest are very probably junk!

The extra letters do not change the injectors.
I have studied these engines for years and I couldn't give you an exact on what the older engines letters meant.
My guess on that engine variant DA = Direct Aspirated, as they did make that model in a T= Turbo variant.

Last edited:

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Your Kubota dealer can probably get them for you. Since you are not 100% sure I would use the dealer to order the correct parts numbers based on the serial number of the tractor.

Kubota USA states 17391-53000 is the injector for the L345. It looks like this and clamps down into the opening. $165 each and two available at Messicks

15271-53020 has been superseded by 70000-65400 HOLDER. Looks like the picture below
There may be a different part number for some injectors if the bypass hoses connect differently (black covers on connections shown below) on the injector. I think the first one only needs one connector that goes to second injector that goes to third injector and fourth that goes to the fuel tank. Shown below are the second and third and fourth

There are some hoses and seals that should probably be replaced along with the injectors ( since we are spending your money!)

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Your Kubota dealer can probably get them for you. Since you are not 100% sure I would use the dealer to order the correct parts numbers based on the serial number of the tractor.

Kubota USA states 17391-53000 is the injector for the L345. It looks like this and clamps down into the opening. $165 each and two available at Messicks

15271-53020 has been superseded by 70000-65400 HOLDER. Looks like the picture below
There may be a different part number for some injectors if the bypass hoses connect differently (black covers on connections shown below) on the injector. I think the first one only needs one connector that goes to second injector that goes to third injector and fourth that goes to the fuel tank. Shown below are the second and third and fourth
" Kubota USA states 17391-53000 is the injector for the L345. "
99% sure you were looking at the L3450
Because that is a DI (direct injection) injector.
The L345 is not a DI engine it's a IDI engine.
The injector number that he gave and that I gave is the right injector.
You don't need to get the Injector with the superseded number, nothing changed.
And the bypass fittings are reused from the old injectors.

1688000429173.png

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
" Kubota USA states 17391-53000 is the injector for the L345. "
99% sure you were looking at the L3450
Because that is a DI (direct injection) injector.
The L345 is not a DI engine it's a IDI engine.
The injector number that he gave and that I gave is the right injector.
You don't need to get the Injector with the superseded number, nothing changed.
And the bypass fittings are reused from the old injectors.

View attachment 106131
Dang it I guess I need new glasses.

I didn’t realize Kubota reported both the L345 and the L3450 when searching for the L345 but you are 100% correct

I will edit my post above

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Dang it I guess I need new glasses.

I didn’t realize Kubota reported both the L345 and the L3450 when searching for the L345 but you are 100% correct

I will edit my post above
It's happened to me too! ;)

Jeeprrz

Equipment
Kubota L345DT
Jun 28, 2023
New Hampshire
Thanks for the help guys - we figured the injectors would be the same but just weren't sure what the differences in the engine were for.

I like the theory that it means Direct Aspiration as opposed to the Turbo version, that makes sense to me.

Will check out the oregon fuel injection site and probably just order those.

Thanks again!

evantwheeler

Equipment
L305dt, L345dt x2
Apr 19, 2023
Menifee, CA
This is the only place to buy the injectors from, the rest are very probably junk!

Any experience with cleaning or rebuilding the original injectors? I'm tinkering on two L345dt's. They both run, but as I go through the mechanical systems, I'd like to freshen up as much as I can without completely buying everything new. 8 new injectors between the two isn't going to happen. Curious if there is value in removing & cleaning or if there are any wear or serviceable parts that can be replaced on these injectors?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Any experience with cleaning or rebuilding the original injectors? I'm tinkering on two L345dt's. They both run, but as I go through the mechanical systems, I'd like to freshen up as much as I can without completely buying everything new. 8 new injectors between the two isn't going to happen. Curious if there is value in removing & cleaning or if there are any wear or serviceable parts that can be replaced on these injectors?
If they are carbon coated you might get a little better pattern by cleaning.
But normally they are just worn and no amount of cleaning will get them back into shape.
Springs also get weak from use and need to be replace and recalibrated.
You could invest in a pressure tester, they just are not cheap.
Parts are not really easy to get for rebuilding.

Reactions: 1 user