L345 Hydraulic Leak

ckarnes

Equipment
L345DT, L2501 LA525, BH77
Jun 25, 2014
Sadieville, KY
Well just brought home a L345 the other day. Didn't notice any sizeable leaks when I bought it. Ran it for about an hour and noticed a little leak at the front axle. Now big deal. However, parked the tractor in the garage for the night and came to find a decent size hydraulic puddle under the bell housing. The driveshaft is wet and so is the bellhousing. My fear is the input shaft seal on the trans, however, I am up for any suggestions. I'm new to owning tractors so any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
More information is needed. ;)
Is it a 4wd model?
Does it have power steering?
Could it have leaked fluid from something above the bell housing and just run down?
Did you pull the plug out from the bottom of the bell housing and check that it's flooded or wet on the inside?

ckarnes

Equipment
L345DT, L2501 LA525, BH77
Jun 25, 2014
Sadieville, KY
4wd and power steering. Nothing above the bellhousing external. I need to pull the driveshaft and confirm it is not running down the driveshaft tube to the front end. The bellhousing isn't flooded, but it does look like it could be coming from there. The flywheel doesn't look soaked when looking in from the side.