L3410 pto not engaging

Brendawg82

Equipment
KUBOTA L3410HST
Jan 20, 2016
Coalville
Hi,
I have an older l3410 hst and was using the tractor for snow removal with a rear mount pto blower. Everything was going ok until the pto stopped and stalled out the engine. I can dis engage the pto and start the tractor up but cannot get the pto to engage. When I try to engage it it almost seems to jerk a bit but it won't spin. Any ideas on where to start?? I did ensure there was nothing clogged in any parts of the blower. Thanks, Brendan

Big Orange

Equipment
L3650 GST LA650A FEL Howse 60 inch bush hog, Kubota L 321 60 inch snow blower
Jan 11, 2014
Ripley, Maine
Did you try unhooking the drive shaft to the blower. this should tell you blower problem or tractor problem

Hi,
I have an older l3410 hst and was using the tractor for snow removal with a rear mount pto blower. Everything was going ok until the pto stopped and stalled out the engine. I can dis engage the pto and start the tractor up but cannot get the pto to engage. When I try to engage it it almost seems to jerk a bit but it won't spin. Any ideas on where to start?? I did ensure there was nothing clogged in any parts of the blower. Thanks, Brendan

Brendawg82

Equipment
KUBOTA L3410HST
Jan 20, 2016
Coalville
Yes and unfortunately the problem has gotten worse. Now the pto will not disengage and my tractor just stalls out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
If your going to do any work on it yourself you'll need to get the WSM for it.
It will give you a complete breakdown of what you need to do to troubleshoot the problem and then what is needed to break it down and repair it. ;)

P/N 97897-12192

And sorry no there is no free or cheap download of that manual.

I would like to be able to tell you what's going on or what broke, there is just too many variables to know.

Last edited:

Brendawg82

Equipment
KUBOTA L3410HST
Jan 20, 2016
Coalville
Thanks for the help. Is there anyway to bypass the rear pto so I can run the tractor and fel? Thanks again.