L3400 HST did not start after stalling

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
I've had this new to me 2005 L3400HST for a week. Been playing with it, hauling dirt around. Today I tried to level some compacted dirt pile, had the tractor in 4WD as well, but had strong resistance from the dirt pile. The tractor stalled! The engine stopped. I could not get it restarted. It sounded click when I turned the key to start. Just the click sound even the normal instrument light were on.
Is there a delay before I can restart the tractor?
I used a small hammer and tapped on the back of the starter a few times. The tractor started normally.
If there is no delay by design, then what could be the problem?
I'm a newbie with this Kubota and need to learn to operate this tractor efficiently.
Thank you

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm not sure on your model, some do have a slight delay (has to do with shut off solenoid timer).
If it made you rise off the seat it could have tripped that safety switch, which might make you have to cycle the switch off and on again for it to start.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
If you heard a click, I think things were all lined up to start. I'd be checking the cable connections to the battery and starter. There is no delay that I know of. Both of my Kubotas would just start back up.

Hai

Equipment
Kubota L3400 HST
Mar 2, 2014
Virginia
All the wires were tight in place. I think t's likely is what Chim said. Do I need to remove the starter and clean the brush or do something about the dead spot on the armature? or need new starter? Thanks.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
All the wires were tight in place. I think t's likely is what Chim said. Do I need to remove the starter and clean the brush or do something about the dead spot on the armature? or need new starter? Thanks.
A new starter will put a good dent in your wallet!
I would take it apart and clean and check everything first!
You can get individual parts to repair the starter if something is bad in there.
I would look at the contacts on the solenoid, that will cause issues like you explained.