L3301 Trying to identify oil plug size

res

Equipment
L3301HST, 7' back blade
Oct 25, 2014
Cadillac, Mi
I have a 2014 L3301 (First year DPF model), I think the year is correct) with hydrostatic transmission that suddenly started having driving issues while running a finish mower. Acted as if it had no power to the wheels. I shut it down and noticed a thin line of oil on the ground for quite a ways. I did a bit of investigation and found a plug missing at the bottom of the right rear axle housing. No clue how it worked it's way loose but it did. I have looked at the axle housing on the Messick's website and you can see the hole drawn in the drawing (marked by red arrow) but no plug is referenced. I do see the housing bolts, #160 Part # 01133-51035 but this seems it is a plug. The drawing does not appear to identify the plug. It is threaded, as that can be seen in the hole and I assume there is a sealing washer that goes between the bolt head and the housing. There is definitely a light amount of hydraulic fluid coming from the hole. Of course I am about out of Hydro fluid due to this and that is resulting in my tractor not wanting to drive. Am I missing something looking for the part number? Wrong drawing possibly? Any help would be appreciated. Even if someone can identify the thread size, I could by a flange bolt and a washer and replace it.

Attachments

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
I have a 2014 L3301 (First year DPF model), I think the year is correct) with hydrostatic transmission that suddenly started having driving issues while running a finish mower. Acted as if it had no power to the wheels. I shut it down and noticed a thin line of oil on the ground for quite a ways. I did a bit of investigation and found a plug missing at the bottom of the right rear axle housing. No clue how it worked it's way loose but it did. I have looked at the axle housing on the Messick's website and you can see the hole drawn in the drawing (marked by red arrow) but no plug is referenced. I do see the housing bolts, #160 Part # 01133-51035 but this seems it is a plug. The drawing does not appear to identify the plug. It is threaded, as that can be seen in the hole and I assume there is a sealing washer that goes between the bolt head and the housing. There is definitely a light amount of hydraulic fluid coming from the hole. Of course I am about out of Hydro fluid due to this and that is resulting in my tractor not wanting to drive. Am I missing something looking for the part number? Wrong drawing possibly? Any help would be appreciated. Even if someone can identify the thread size, I could by a flange bolt and a washer and replace it.
D57453A0-567D-4CE6-A2D9-DF9F21CE8C31.jpeg
D2B4440A-BC4C-46FF-B3AA-105685345EF9.jpeg

It’s in the brake section