L3301 or B3350$

Stefcro77

Equipment
Rototiller, Scraper box, Buhs hog, weight box, root grapples, Work light LED
Jun 20, 2015
Kubota L3301
Hi,
I am about to buy my first tractor and first Kubota. I hesitate between the L3301 HST and the B3350 SUHST. With the loader and the third hydrolic option, The L3301 is only 1000$ more...

I have 10 acres and I will use the tractor for mowing( 4 acres of lawn). I will use the rototiller for my very large garden. A box scraper to take care of my roads and driveway and also a rototiller to cut the surrounding of my wooden area and working and transporting the wood.

B3350: 33 HP - PTO: 27hp - 4 Cylinders - 1874 lbs - 3 pt itch cap.: 1676lbs
L3301: 33 HP - PTO:26.2hp- 3 Cylinders - 2734 lbs - 3 pt itch Cap.:1435 lbs

The B3301 has more deluxe option like the dash and PTO lever,
The L3301 has cheap buttom and PTO on off is a small lever pulling a wire. However the mechanic component looked stronger(transmition and other). And it also has the Hydrolic position Control which the B3350Su doesn't have...

Is the weight surplus usefull?
What"s better between a 3 and 4 cylinder?

Last edited:

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I prefer the beefier L series, having owned a B for 10 years before buying an L 3 years ago. It handles a 6' RFM quite well and is nimble enough to dodge trees, creek and sheds when mowing. I had tractors without FEL's for the first 12 years we lived here. Bought a B7500 with a loader in 2002 and would really miss having one. No experience with a 4 cylinder. The last three tractors were all 3 cylinder diesels.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Don't let me talk you into something without hearing from the rest of the crowd. I'm sure there are others here who are equally happy with different tractors. Tractors can become a real game of trying to determine how big is big enough or too big, what refinements you want / need, etc. For example, there have been posts by people who wouldn't want a tractor with cruise control. My Ford and the Kubota I sold both had cruise and I never used it. Electronic wizardry is neat, but there's that much more to go wrong. Some complain about the jerky L-series 3 point hitch. Mine isn't smooth but it isn't bad enough for me to care about it.

I replaced the B7500 because at times it came up a little short on horses, weight or loader capacity. It served me well for 10 years and over 1,000 hours. It could have lasted me the rest of my life and it was a lot more tractor than most non-tractor folks would think a residential user needs. I could easily get by with the old 16HP Ford that we drug home used back in '92. That one usually gets used for spraying or a secondary duty (like landscape rake) while the Kubota does the heavier work.

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Hi,
I am about to buy my first tractor and first Kubota. I hesitate between the L3301 HST and the B3350 SUHST. With the loader and the third hydrolic option, The L3301 is only 1000$ more...

I have 10 acres and I will use the tractor for mowing( 4 acres of lawn). I will use the rototiller for my very large garden. A box scraper to take care of my roads and driveway and also a rototiller to cut the surrounding of my wooden area and working and transporting the wood.

B3350: 33 HP - PTO: 27hp - 4 Cylinders - 1874 lbs - 3 pt itch cap.: 1676lbs
L3301: 33 HP - PTO:26.2hp- 3 Cylinders - 2734 lbs - 3 pt itch Cap.:1435 lbs

The B3301 has more deluxe option like the dash and PTO lever,
The L3301 has cheap buttom and PTO on off is a small lever pulling a wire. However the mechanic component looked stronger(transmition and other). And it also has the Hydrolic position Control which the B3350Su doesn't have...

Is the weight surplus usefull?
What"s better between a 3 and 4 cylinder?
Question do you want a mid mount mower? i don't think the L has a MMM option. I went with the L3901. the dealer wanted me to go with a B but i told him I want a tractor to grow into not grow out of and the HP for future use.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Just to complicate things, those two models have quite different engines and quite different ways of meeting tier IV emissions requirements, so it is not just the horsepower. I have the subjective impression on this forum that there are more happy 3301 owners than B3350 owners, but maybe there are just fewer of them sold. If you have a kubota tech that you can talk to, they might give you their take on these newer engines. You really need to see what they did to the 3350's in the last 6 months to decide. Off hand I might choose the 3301 over the b3350, but then there are so many improvements in the Grand L series like the 3560 I have. I am glad I gave up getting an expensive front blade (pricewise) to get that model, since there are budget limitations. :) and waited 6 months to get a mower. There are always tradeoffs, the 3560 frame is bigger than I need, but might be just right for your uses for example. Don't forget to measure the space you want to keep it in!

KennedyFarmer

Equipment
L3901, with not enough attachments
Jun 8, 2015
Pennsylvania
Just to complicate things, those two models have quite different engines and quite different ways of meeting tier IV emissions requirements, so it is not just the horsepower. I have the subjective impression on this forum that there are more happy 3301 owners than B3350 owners, but maybe there are just fewer of them sold. If you have a kubota tech that you can talk to, they might give you their take on these newer engines. You really need to see what they did to the 3350's in the last 6 months to decide. Off hand I might choose the 3301 over the b3350, but then there are so many improvements in the Grand L series like the 3560 I have. I am glad I gave up getting an expensive front blade (pricewise) to get that model, since there are budget limitations. :) and waited 6 months to get a mower. There are always tradeoffs, the 3560 frame is bigger than I need, but might be just right for your uses for example. Don't forget to measure the space you want to keep it in!

sheepfarmer you are correct, my delivery guy said I made a good choice with the L3901. He wasn't too fond of the B model. I think they all have there pros and cons, and peoples mileage will vary. I wasn't interested in B since i knew that's what the dealer recommend i said lets do the L3901 because i want more HP! knowing well that the dealers don't have the vision and thoughts of what you are planning to do with "your" tractor.

As for the Tier 4 some engines meet the specs with out any fancy crap. your mileage may vary their too. Best advise research, research, research, question, question, question. :D

Stefcro77

Equipment
Rototiller, Scraper box, Buhs hog, weight box, root grapples, Work light LED
Jun 20, 2015
Kubota L3301
Thank guys! Very helpful! :)
And to answer kenedy: no I don't need a mid mount mower. A rear one will be perfect for me :)

Last edited: