L3301 and grapple

Deaner70

Equipment
L3301, LA525 loader with QA, LAnd Pride RCR1860 hog
Aug 26, 2015
Shreve, OH
Looking at valve at 2 dealers and got 2 different prices. 650-800 and 50-160 to install which I will most likely do myself. What's the price of the long? What's everyone feel is the best. Also seen the one from Idaho tractor.

Grapples.. bucket or root, 1or2 grapples? 60 or 66" ? Using for everything. Anyone using one from Mast equipment? https://www.mastfarmservice.org/product-page/bucket-grapple

Thanks, Larry

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
The one from Idaho Tractor is the Long. He just buys it there at wholesale price and sells it to you.

If you do a search on the forum search you will find many questions answered including prices.

dwelling21

Equipment
l3560, land pride rta1258 tiller, ea wicked root single lid grapple
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
i have a wicked root grapple from everything attachments. i love this thing. everything attachments customer service was helpful to me as well during ordering. i bought my first tractor last march, it is a l3560(love it) and I had no experience with tractors before. I had my dealer install the 3rd function valve kit which was around 1100 dollars total installed and paid for. make sure wherever you install the couplers, you get enough hose length on the grapple. i know everything attachments asked me where i had them installed and made sure i had enough hose. also, i can tell you after moving logs, trees, lumber and a bunch of other stuff you won't be dissapointed if you go with them. I had travis as my salesman over the phone. just make sure whatever company you decide to go with, the grapple is rated for what you plan on using it for. i.e, i was going to get a plain ol landpride(which is fine) but not rated for rooting the soil. with the l3301, i know if you go with everything attachments, they will ask you your tractor and make sure you get the right grapple. You are gonna love it. Also, because I was a new tractor owner last year, this forum and the people here really helped me with any questions i had. I really appreciate this forum and the people. sheepfarmer and north idaho wolfman come to mind. they are very insightful and helped me greatly. take care and good luck.

Deaner70

Equipment
Aug 26, 2015
Shreve, OH
just watched the video of the Wicked Grapple tats made a little lighter. Looks like a beast. Was kind of wanting a solid bottom but ike this. Is yours the1 or 2 piece top? Cannot beat the free shipping for sure.

I've decided to go with the Land Pride valve. I like the fact its ready to go specific to the tractor. Just me I guess and very similar priced for sure.

My only concern is width. 66 may be too wide or the smaller tractor. I guess the 60 may be the one.

THaks

TexasBrad

Equipment
L2501
Mar 15, 2017
Wolfe City, TX
I went with the long third function. It was pretty simple and straight forward install.

I did the 50" single lid wicked grapple from Everything attachment and its a beast for sure. I have really pushed it and it has been awesome. I work in some tight spaces so the 50" was a good match. I cannot think of a reason(for me) where wider would be of an advantage.

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
i have the single lid and it works excellent!. def make sure to ask questions about which grapple is best suited for your l3301. also, i believe the free shipping is within 1000 miles. make sure you are within that radius. i have the landpride 3rd kit as well and it is great. no issues.

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
another thing, when adding the grapple, it takes a considerable amount of transmission oil/hydro oil to work the grapple. after the first use, check your trans/hydro oil and you will see that you will probably be down a bit, just wanted to make sure i passed that along so you will be ready for it and add some as needed.

Deaner70

Equipment
Aug 26, 2015
Shreve, OH
Thanks for the heads up on the Hydraulic oil. 3 Dealers are really pushing the land pride grapple to me also. Not sure if the are that good or just want more money for their item they sell..lol The only thing about it I really like is the weight is 245#. Gain alot of capacity with the light weight for sure/..

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
I have a L3901 and bought if from the dealer with the LP 3rd function valve and the LP root rake style grapple. Later on I got an EA single lid grapple. The single lid grapple is better at grabbing a bunch of cut logs at one time and the LP grapple closes more so is better at grabbing a single log.

LP grapple:

EA grapple:

dwelling21

Equipment
Mar 4, 2016
Lisbon Falls,me,usa
i am sure the dealer is def trying to push the landpride because they carry that item due to landpride being the main implement provider for kubota. i like many landpride products. i think they are top of the line. my problem with the grapple was it was not rated for digging up roots. i am sure it is a fine grapple for what it is intended for. i do food plots and after cutting the trees, i needed to remove some stumps and dig about 5 inches to get the little roots out of the soil. the ea wicked root grapple did this for me. they are very very tough implements. if you want to just pick up items and move them, i think the landpride would be great. if you want to root up some stumps, roots then the ea would be better suited for that. good luck

Grizzy3901

Equipment
L3901hst, la525, 72" landpride finish mower
Jan 1, 2017
Bealeton va
Do the install yourself i just did mine maybe an hour and i was done. Most time consuming part was running the wire and hooking it to the fuse panel.

Deaner70

Equipment
Aug 26, 2015
Shreve, OH
I have a L3901 and bought if from the dealer with the LP 3rd function valve and the LP root rake style grapple. Later on I got an EA single lid grapple. The single lid grapple is better at grabbing a bunch of cut logs at one time and the LP grapple closes more so is better at grabbing a single log.

LP grapple:

EA grapple:

Is that Land PRide one the SGC060? I just ordered this morning. 2200.00 for everything installed or 2150 for me to install. Only holdup wil be getting the thing in. Our area has a new LP rep and isnt up to snuff yet according to the 3 dealers I have been dealing with. Thanks for the info and pictures to all!!

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Is that Land PRide one the SGC060? I just ordered this morning. 2200.00 for everything installed or 2150 for me to install. Only holdup wil be getting the thing in. Our area has a new LP rep and isnt up to snuff yet according to the 3 dealers I have been dealing with. Thanks for the info and pictures to all!!
It's a SGC1072. I don't think they had the SGC060 when I bought the tractor. It's actually a good fit for my MX.

outpost22

Equipment
L3800, RTV500
Feb 20, 2017
Eagle Point, Oregon, USA
I have had good luck with the Land Pride graple on my L3800. It will pick up rocks, single logs, multiple logs, rip out brush, etc. I wish the bottom jaw was a little longer sometimes. Controls are extremely accurate. I can load logs onto my sawmill without even a sound being made as this is very precise in placing things where you want them.