L3200

chuck172

Equipment
L3200, ford4500tlb, ford8n
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
The dealer took 10% off the Total price (MSRP) for the dealership discount.
Is that the norm or should it have been more?
Should I try to haggle this price?

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
I am not sure just how much Tier-4 is going to effect the new 2014 L3200 (meaning how much gear will be added DPF, EGT, etc) but with the 2013 Interim-Tier-4 inventory going away, I think we will be seeing dealers being less flexible with prices and not as many good deals. They know people want to get their hands on a tractor without all the emissions stuff before they are all gone.

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Is it HST or gears? R4 or R1 tires? QA or pin-on bucket? These are the issues that can haunt you down the road.

A good deal - and I think it is - isn't so great if you get the wrong kit. There are a lot of threads here about the pros and cons of each. Making a change later is either impossible or expensive.

For the record I like gears and R1 tires. I think the Kubota QA system puts the bucket too far out in front, and reduces it capabilities; but it sure does make changing buckets easy. I've had to change back and forth between the bucket and snow blade nearly a dozen times so far this winter...

If it is the tractor you really want, go for it. If not, this is the time to negotiate changes.

chuck172

Equipment
L3200, ford4500tlb, ford8n
Feb 12, 2014
honesdale, Pa.
I'll be putting down a deposit tomorrow. I got the tractor for $16,625 delivered from a closer dealer.
It's the gear drive trans, Loaded R-1 tires, 3pt. stabilizer kit, QA Kit.
I'm happy with the price, thanks Chim for your PM. It made me look around to other dealers. You saved me $$
I should be getting the tractor winin 7-10 days.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
You did GREAT!! Now go out and enjoy it!

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
I too would step up to a L3800 for not much more $$ and a 2 stage clutch, and needless to say more varoooom ! I love mine and am happy I changed from a L3200 to a L3800.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I was just kicking around the idea of how cheap I could get a new tractor. Figureing the L3200 is the cheaper tractor in the L series. I'd get an L3200 2WD with R1 Ags assuming I could probably save a few grand getting 2wd over 4wd. And NO I don't need it!

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I was just kicking around the idea of how cheap I could get a new tractor. Figureing the L3200 is the cheaper tractor in the L series. I'd get an L3200 2WD with R1 Ags assuming I could probably save a few grand getting 2wd over 4wd. And NO I don't need it!
If you had completely flat ground, and kept 1,500lb on the 3pt, you could get by with a 3200 2wd w/ FEL. However, w/out LIVE PTO, you'd want the HST. HST would rob you of about 6HP that would otherwise help pull implements. I would not be as efficient as I am pulling my BB with an HST. Not sure I'd get a new tractor w/ out FEL. They are just way too handy. And if you're going to get the HST to make up for the lack of Live PTO, you might as well just get the 3800 Gear that has a live PTO, and would give you 12 more HP @ the tires. That's right, the 3800 Gear over 3200 HST gives you damn near 50% more power to the wheels.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
The idea here is more bang for the buck and the cheapest means possible to get a gear tractor with a Live pto and 2wd with FEL. My dad's L275 has been digging in the dirt for 30 years WITHOUT 2wd or hell even power steering for that matter.

Been using the old L275 for 30 years in the landscaping business doing all sorts of dirt working and never really had a need for 4wd. If you need 4wd working a dirt pile then you're not doing it right. To much use in 4wd and you'll break something.

There's bound to be away to break away from the norm of HST 4wd with R4 ags to get a damn decent tractor at the most afforable price.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I'm with ya Eric. We got a hell of a lot of dirt work done around here with an old 2wd Case w/loader. Not much flat land here either...

I think now days too many use 4wd as a crutch, instead of proper ballast. Best to have the rear wheels doing most of the work all the time.

I'd really like a larger 2wd tractor with 6' bushhog, as a dedicated mowing machine.

That said, I do like 4wd! :cool:

quazz

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 and Z411
Jan 6, 2014
Rockley, NS
4wd is necessary for deep snow and mud though. There is no way I could get back into my woodlot without 4wd.

Fallon

Equipment
L3200
Sep 10, 2013
Parker, CO
I'm really happy with my L3200 HST 4wd. I wish I got a Grand with a cab, but budget constraints... I don't think they are making any more L32/3800s. The whole Tier 4 emissions cutoff thing. 2wd L3200s were scarce anyway, might be nearly impossible to find new now.

Most of the guys really talking up 2wd use the key word OLD. Older machines tend to be quite a bit heavier than the modern CUTs, hence less reliant on spinning the front wheels.

Personally I use mine for all sorts of different tasks & love the utility factor of HST & 4wd. I won't ever get another tractor without. The utility aspect of HST far outweighs the decreased efficiency of the transmission.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
Most of the guys really talking up 2wd use the key word OLD. Older machines tend to be quite a bit heavier than the modern CUTs, hence less reliant on spinning the front wheels.
Yeah, certainly cannot solely compare HP in the old vs new battle. I cannot believe that Kubota shorted the 32/38s by using smaller tires than on the 46 and GLs. I've begun sketching / planning my armor kit for the 3800 to protect the bottom and engine from saplings and anything else that can put a hole in a filter or break a fuel bulb. It will add around 600lbs to the machine and drop the CG as well. I will be protecting the steering components in my upgrade as well. There are several unused bolt holes around the frame and engine to be able to make a nice-fitting, and easily-removed armor kit.

I'm going to make the rear section a little thicker and am thinking up a way to be able to add my own custom weights/plates. I will never have more than 700lbs on the 3 point and the frame is designed to have up to 1,500lb working load, so I will just up the weight of the tractor. The trick is in concentrating the weight behind the axle...and I have a good idea how to get it done.