L3200 dual clutch

ridgerunner85

Equipment
L3200
Dec 19, 2019
PA
I bought my L3200 used 2 years ago. So far it’s been a great tractot but it’s kind of frustrating brush hogging and having the pto kick off and on every time I need to change direction. I’m not sure whether my tractor is equipped with a dual clutch or if it’s not working or if something is out of adjustment. Is there any way to tell if my tractor was equipped with a dual clutch? Or is something not working or out of adjustment? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
It doesn’t have a dual clutch, nothing wrong with the tractor, it’s just how it is.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
I bought my L3200 used 2 years ago. So far it’s been a great tractot but it’s kind of frustrating brush hogging and having the pto kick off and on every time I need to change direction. I’m not sure whether my tractor is equipped with a dual clutch or if it’s not working or if something is out of adjustment. Is there any way to tell if my tractor was equipped with a dual clutch? Or is something not working or out of adjustment? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
L3200 'geared tractor' will not have a Live PTO. The HST version would and I believe the L3800 does.

Generally the blades on a rotary mower have enough inertia to keep them spinning a bit (if not in tall grass/brush) to make gear changes not an issue really unless you take a long time to do so.