L3130 Excessive breather smoke

Jawind76

Equipment
L3130
Nov 27, 2022
Michigan
Have a L3130 that I was clearing wood from in woods with. Ran over a 4” branch that came up and snapped lower inlet/outlet? From plastic radiator then ripped main cable from starter. Evidently loose wire touched metal and blew 50amp breaker up near battery. Replaced radiator shroud ect. Went to start nothing at dash, traced to breaker. Replaced. When I started had excessive smoke from exhaust but only for less then minute and cleared right up but have white smoke blowing constantly from breather tube that exits under tractor. Starts right up and runs smooth but didn’t smoke before accident. Any suggestions for cause? Thanks for your help.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Check the oil for water, check the radiator for bubbles.
If it gets hot then that's also a big clue.
If you have either you've more than likely overheated it and cracked the head.

Jawind76

Equipment
L3130
Nov 27, 2022
Michigan
Check the oil for water, check the radiator for bubbles.
If it gets hot then that's also a big clue.
If you have either you've more than likely overheated it and cracked the head.
No water in oil. No bubbles. Runs fine and doesn’t overheat. That’s why I posted, can‘t understand why the smoke. Ran less then a minute after radiator drained so didn’t overheat. When I did repairs there was still fluid in motor that ran out while reinstalling radiator hoses. It runs smoothly and like I said it’s not running hot?

Jawind76

Equipment
L3130
Nov 27, 2022
Michigan
crack head or blowed head gasket and or damaged cylinder/piston(s) is my guess-from overheating.
Didn’t overheat because main wire to starter got ripped out of the clip so bare end hit metal and shorted out ( blew 50 amp main breaker) which killed motor. Put in neutral and towed in and repaired. I thought maybe it shutting down that way might have jacked up something else. It started right up after I replaced breaker and smoked out of exhaust for about a minute but cleared up after that and hasn’t done it since.