L3010 questions

JoeR

Equipment
L3010 HST with Loader
Mar 7, 2023
Stokesdale, NC
I picked up an L3010 HST yesterday with 1100 hours on the clock. It's been neglected a little and I spent the day tinkering with it. The Glow plugs don't work (probably the timer, not sure yet), and the shut down solenoid doesn't either. I started with a look in the fusebox and sure enough, the 15A fuse for it doesn't have power to it. I pulled the fusebox for a closer look and the terminal that connects to the wire in broken and not making contact with the fuse. I've tried looking at online parts sources for this terminal but I'm coming up blank. anyone know of a source for them? If not, I'm sure I find a terminal to fit in there, but I'd certainly like to fix it right if I can.
Next, what is this lever for? I can't figure out what it does.
1.JPG

And lastly, I've got a hydraulic oil leak. This is the forward junction block on the right side of the tractor, right near the filter. This pipe is leaking at both ends. It doesn't look bent or damaged. I cleaned and dried it to make sure that's where the leak is. Are there just o-rings on those pipes?
20230309_093630.jpg

Any help apppreciated.

Joe

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Tilt lever for steering. When you pull that pipe out its just an oring on each end. As far as the terminal im assuming it is a spade terminal. If so you can buy them from the part store and strip the plastic cover off it. There are auto vendors online who sell just each individual type, but you usually must buy a significant quantity.

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
This is a good video about changing the glow plug timer/relay

JoeR

Equipment
L3010 HST with Loader
Mar 7, 2023
Stokesdale, NC
Tilt lever for steering. When you pull that pipe out its just an oring on each end. As far as the terminal im assuming it is a spade terminal. If so you can buy them from the part store and strip the plastic cover off it. There are auto vendors online who sell just each individual type, but you usually must buy a significant quantity.
Thanks for the reply! My tilt lever is under the arrow. This lever has a pic of the 4 tractor wheels with arrows pointing front and back. Its connected to a cable. It's not the 4WD lever. That's near the left fender. Not sure what it could be.
Joe

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The lever is cruise control.
Could you give another picture of the hydraulic line leak, just further away.

JoeR

Equipment
L3010 HST with Loader
Mar 7, 2023
Stokesdale, NC
The lever is cruise control.
Could you give another picture of the hydraulic line leak, just further away.
Woo-hoo! It's got cruise! I have been box blading my road with a 1959 Ford 871D. That's a diesel with a Select-O-Speed trans. It's let's me go virtually any speed I want to, and then hold it there. I was wondering if I could hold a steady speed with this new(to me) tractor. That's good news. I'm looking forward to giving it a try.

Here's a better pic. Sorry about that.

I also spotted another problem with a tube. It's got a good dent in it. The fluid and filters were done only 40 hrs ago. Looks like I'm going back in!

Attachments

N3BP

Equipment
B7200DT, B7200HST-D, L2900GST, L3010 HST TLB
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
That pipe does have an o-ring at each end that seats in a recess. I believe o-rings are part number 04817-07230, but I can't quite find the pipe on the exploded views. That pipe is a press fit on either end, so you'll have to separate the hydraulic tap block to get it out. If the pipe that has a dent is leaking, there is a good chance it will need to be replaced as it isn't seating concentrically in the bore.

Most of the spade terminal plugs on my L3010 are 6.3MM

N3BP

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
So looking underneath my L3010, it's different than yours, which is strange. Mine is on the left, yours is on the right. Our pipes are completely different and head in a different direction. What is the serial number of your machine?

Attachments

JoeR

Equipment
L3010 HST with Loader
Mar 7, 2023
Stokesdale, NC
So looking underneath my L3010, it's different than yours, which is strange. Mine is on the left, yours is on the right. Our pipes are completely different and head in a different direction. What is the serial number of your machine?
That does sound strange. My serial
number is L3010D50083.
Joe

JoeR

Equipment
L3010 HST with Loader
Mar 7, 2023
Stokesdale, NC
That pipe does have an o-ring at each end that seats in a recess. I believe o-rings are part number 04817-07230, but I can't quite find the pipe on the exploded views. That pipe is a press fit on either end, so you'll have to separate the hydraulic tap block to get it out. If the pipe that has a dent is leaking, there is a good chance it will need to be replaced as it isn't seating concentrically in the bore.

Most of the spade terminal plugs on my L3010 are 6.3MM
Thanks! The big pipe with the debt isn't leaking. It's just at that S shaped pipe. I searched several online parts diagrams and can't find plumbing that looks like mine. A trip to Kunota may be in order.
Thanks for the help.
Joe

N3BP

Equipment
Sep 20, 2016
Lebanon, PA
Thanks! The big pipe with the debt isn't leaking. It's just at that S shaped pipe. I searched several online parts diagrams and can't find plumbing that looks like mine. A trip to Kunota may be in order.
Thanks for the help.
Joe
Well that explains it then. You have the earlier version, and I have the later version. The split was at SN#70,001. The problem is the exploded view on references the revised one, which is completely different and doesn't use the same o-rings as yours. You'll defiantly have to pull the pipe and o-ring to match them up.

Attachments