L3010 Implement advice

pmnunley

Equipment
Kubota L3010 Diesel
Aug 17, 2021
Muncie Indiana
I just upgraded my old Ford 601 to a Kubota L3010 this spring. I love it! I cannot find much official in what it can handle implement wise. I need to purchase a box blade to repair my rather long driveway. It says online that it is 30HP and weights around 3000 lbs. Can it handle a six food box blade? That is what I can find available but am wondering if I shouldn't err on the side of caution and try and find a five foot box blade? If it will handle the six please let me know and I can pick one up immediately otherwise it is order and wait. I can't justify the tiller yet but it's on my wish list. How wide a garden tiller will the PTO support? I think I have to stick to 5 feet and then it has to be offset to cover the tracks? It pulled my two bottom plow and 5" cultivator disc just fine this spring for my large garden. Thank you in advance for your help. I especially appreciate any info you can provide on your L3010 or similar tractor.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
measure the width of the rear tires, outside to outside. Then add a little. That will be the approxmiate width of a box blade and a tiller.

I've run a 3010 with a 6' rotary cutter, and a 62" tiller. Many times with a 6' box blade. It'll run them. With the tiller you may have to slow down a little but big deal. That's probably a good thing anyway. With the 6' shredder for sure you're gonna have to slow down a little and that is also dependent on cut height and what you're cutting with it. But I've cut with one a few times (neighbor's tractor while they're gone in the summer) and it does fine. You just can't run full speed. Big deal. That in itself saved my tail, or saved the deer. I was cutting along just fine and run up on a couple of new fawns with their momma. Had I been going faster they'd have become buzzard bait.

Reactions: 1 user

airbiscuit

Equipment
New Holland T2310, New Holland TC21D, Kubota l3010 GST, Farmall H
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I think the Goldilocks spot for just about every thing is 5' with the exception of a rear blade which should be 6' as it gets narrower when angled.

RBA50

Equipment
B2320, LA304 loader (B1658 QA), B2789 snowblower, RCK54-29B MMM, HF quick hitch
Apr 29, 2013
Goldendale, WA
Kubota owner's manuals used to have a table/chart that showed their recommended maximum size and weights for several of the most common implements. Maybe they don't do that anymore.

airbiscuit

Equipment
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
This is from my l3030 Owner's Manual
Kubota Implements2.jpg

pmnunley

Equipment
Kubota L3010 Diesel
Aug 17, 2021
Muncie Indiana
Thank you so much for all of your input. That helps, #Airbiscuit, seeing the chart. It shows a maximum of 52" box blade. That is a little over 4 feet--that seems so narrow to me especially for my driveway.

Follow-up question, if I error on the side of caution and get a narrower box blade will I be able to dig deeper to fix my drive? Or is that logic faulty, the width has less to do than HP and weight of tractor and I'll still have to "feather it" no matter what like #Old and Tired said?

airbiscuit

Equipment
Mar 18, 2021
NW WI
I think you could handle a 60" box blade.

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
You have a good heavy tractor... What tires are you running? Ag? (great traction) or R4, industrial? Also, what are you digging in? How hard packed is it... You can always raise up the 3 point hitch to feather it a bit but my guess is you can drag a bunch gravel / dirt with what you got.

pmnunley

Equipment
Kubota L3010 Diesel
Aug 17, 2021
Muncie Indiana
You have a good heavy tractor... What tires are you running? Ag? (great traction) or R4, industrial? Also, what are you digging in? How hard packed is it... You can always raise up the 3 point hitch to feather it a bit but my guess is you can drag a bunch gravel / dirt with what you got.
I do have the ag tires. I also have the 4x4 option that might assist in keep traction and dragging/spreading gravel. I've not needed to try the 4x4 out yet but if I get enough snow this winter I know I will be thankful for it then.

pmnunley

Equipment
Kubota L3010 Diesel
Aug 17, 2021
Muncie Indiana
Just a quick update for those that helped me out. I purchased the 5' box blade and used it on the driveway yesterday. Worked like a charm. It gave my tractor no problems and the driveway looks like I just got gravel and is smooth again. I took it slow in low gear and think it could have handled more but I am happy. Thank you for all your help!