L3010 Exhaust mod

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Has anyone ever made a modification to their exhaust on the L3010 or similar tractors with the exhaust that blows out the side panel? Wonder how I can keep the exhaust from blowing back in my face all the time..can't be good for you

fatjay

Equipment
Kubota B8200, B7200, ZD21
Nov 12, 2016
Eastern PA, USA
I'm not sure where the exhaust even comes out on that tractor based on images I've seen, but I've done a few exhausts. My new holland came right out the side with a little muffler, I put a right angle on it to go strait up, then a rain cap on the top. My kubota goes forward, then angles in/down at about a 15 degree angle, and I've never had a problem with either.

My oliver has nothing, strait off the manifold, and i'm breathing fumes non-stop, so make sure you go up at least to your head level if you go up.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Changing the direction depends on what your doing with it the most.

I've had them under and to the rear, was really bad to rear snowblower use.
Had them up, bad for around tree work.
Had them to the side and forward, bad for loader work.

You might need to just get an angle tip and send it off in a different direction. ;)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Just looking at the residual soot from the smoke, I'm wondering if it's got an injector issue?

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Oh? Seems to run fine, I thought it was just from years of exhuast blowing out on the panel :confused:

dandeman

Equipment
BX2230, LA211 FEL, RCK60B Mower, GCK60BX Bagger; Ford 4000, bush hog, blade, etc
Aug 9, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
www.dan-de-man.net
My BX2230 exhaust tended to soot up the protective grill on the front of the tractor and the FEL arms.

I used a suitable sized piece of an EMT conduit 90 degree bend that I cut down in the turn of the bend to make it the shape I wanted; it slips over the Kubota exhaust and redirects it in the direction I wanted..

Since it has to be removed to pull the side panels off the tractor, I used a bolt arrangement that holds the extension on the Kubota exhaust.. A stainless steel nut was welded to the pipe and the tip of the stainless steel bolt was ground to a taper point. The tapered bolt goes through the extension and partially into a small hole drilled into the Kubota exhaust pipe. This keeps the extension on the exhaust and keeps it indexed to the proper rotation.

The extra nut on the bolt serves as a lock nut to keep the bolt from loosening up as there is quite a bit of vibration on the exhaust.

The extension angles down and forward enough that I don't really smell the exhaust that much.

photos below....

Attachments

Last edited:

Al2

Equipment
Kubota L4150 & L2900
Dec 16, 2015
Canada
Similar situation on an older L2900. Mine has a cab. I used some flex pipe and slipped it over the existing exhaust outlet and ran the pipe back to the rear loader mount and welded the flex pipe to a solid piece of exhaust tubing that went up the side of the cab just to clear the roof. I cut a small piece out of the side panel just below the exhaust pipe to allow me to remove the side panel without removing the exhaust pipe.
Al