l295dt transmission problems

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
i have a l295 dt kubota and only have one forward gear in low and high. i removed the shifter cover and the plate underneath it to check and see if any thing was broken or loose. after a couple hours of trying to line every thing back back up, i finally got it put back together. it was really low in fluid so i topped it off and started the tractor only to find that the other gears still were not working. it appears i only have the lowest gear and reverse working. does anyone have any ideas on what the problem may be and a fix that hopefully does not include a total trans rebuild

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Did you take any pictures when you had the cover off?
Did you try and move the shift collars (what the shift forks move)?
Did you pull the drain plug and look for metal on the magnet?

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
did not take any pics. everything seemed to move as it should. did not pull drain plug. shifter moves freely and seems to move everything back and forth but even when you change to a higher gear , you only have the one speed, no matter what position the shifter is in

kubotaman

Equipment
l295 dt
Jan 16, 2011
pelion sc
does hydraulic pressure play a part in the shifting and could having the wrong weight hydraulic oil cause any of these problems

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
does hydraulic pressure play a part in the shifting and could having the wrong weight hydraulic oil cause any of these problems
Hydraulic pressure does not play any role in your trans shifting gears, Not having fluid or low on fluid can cause problems, mainly with excessive wear.