L295DT loader issue

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
Wolfman,

I took 2 pressure tests (thanks for asking where I took them, If there is a wrong place to take the test, Thats where I would have taken it)

See the attached pic-
the first time I tried, I removed the hose from the control valve, put a plug in the hose and put the pressure gauge in the control valve
I tried to get readings at idle while moving the "dumping" lever on the control valve up then down, the gauge stayed at zero
Then I ran the RPM's up and moved the dump lever up and down again
again zero on the gauge.

Next I put the plug into the control valve and the pressure gauge on the hose
(basically just swapping the plug and pressure gauge)
I did the same at idle and at high RPM with the dump lever
All zero's again

Was that a valid test ?

Attachments

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
Hopefully you have plumbed your new valve correctly. Whilst normally you would be able to read pressure from a work port on the valve, you won't if there is no supply to it. So either incorrectly plumbed, or no oil being sent to the valve.

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
100 TD,

Thanks for identifying a few of the parts for me.
I will put a wrench on all of the fittings after work tomorrow and let you know if I find any loose ones. I replaced almost all of the hydraulic hoses about a month ago.

Are there adjustments for the cylinders that you mentioned? Anything there I can tighten or are they a rebuild kind of repair? (after the bucket is usable again)

Thank you again

100 td

Equipment
B21TLB (B21, TL421 & BT751) Toyota SDK4 T116 Bobcat
Aug 29, 2015
ɹǝpunuʍop
I'm just noting that they are have leaked, (as shown by oil in your photos), and that they are possible points for some loss of oil from your system. How much they are leaking, and whether they are worth pulling apart to repair or not, you won't find out till after you get it going again. Check your oil level in the tank first and see what you come up with. If it's full, check that you plumbed your new hoses correctly. As NIW mentioned earlier, you filter may also need attention, however I doubt it is the cause of your problems as it's appears to be on the return side and shouldn't limit flow to the pump

Last edited:

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
hey guys -
sorry to disappear for a while
Thursday my wife had a stroke (not as severe as it could have been, we were really lucky) and I've been basically living at the hospital
I will be bringing her home tomorrow and once I get her settled, I'll be back out at the barn checking out all of the GREAT suggestions and I'll post the findings.
Postings of the results should be in this thread Sunday evening or Monday evening. Thanks for hanging with me.

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
Guys....... Your G R E A T !
The problem has been resolved.

Before I disclose the root cause, everyone MUST promise not to laugh....
at least not out loud........

As 100TD had pointed out, I needed to check the fluid level at the plug nut, in the loader arm / frame in one of the previous photo's.
When I pulled the plug. no run off or run out. Then looking just a little bit above the plug nut was the breather / fill. At that moment I realized what you were trying to tell me, there are two reservoirs for the hydraulic oil, 1 for the 3 pt hitch located on the transmission and one for the loader.

the 3 pt hitch reservoir is stuffed. I had topped that one off every time there was a little leak or if I thought something was acting up.
I never realized that the loader had it's own tank.
After I put all the hydraluic oil that I had in the loader reservoir (about 1.5 gallons), the loader is working GREAT.
I still need more oil as it still did not come out the plug nut. My next trip to Wally world, I will get 5 gal and finish filling the loader

Thank everyone soooo much for the help
This was an easy fix but I would not have gotten there without all of the help
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Paul

Pau7220

Equipment
L3650 GST, Landpride TL250 FEL w/ Piranha, 6' King Kutter, GM1084R Finish
Aug 1, 2017
Scranton, PA
Thanks for posting the fix. Best wishes for your wife.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Paul, I hope your wife is doing well, and there are no long lasting effects of the stroke.

wpaulrjr

Equipment
l295dt
Aug 10, 2018
Ebensburg, PA
Thanks to all again -
The help with the L295DT was OUTSTANDING
Your thoughts and wishes for Susan are GREATLY appreciated
We do expect her to fully recover.

I plan to hang around on this site -
everyone is nice, knowledgeable and I am sure my Kubota would not be working without all of the great suggestions.

Someday I hope to be able to help someone as you guys have helped me

Best wishes and kind regards