L295DT Front Wheels OBLITERATED

dannnooooo

Equipment
L295DT, B2551
Jan 17, 2024
SoDak
I’m needing some help/advice…

Got an L295DT and noticed today that the front rims are cracking … a lot. The metal is fatigued and spiderweb cracks are branching out from the lugs.

Here’s my question:
Does anyone have any experience with finding replacement wheels for this or a similar 4x4 model? There are a lot of *similar* 16” rims available on fleaBay that initially look compatible/comparable, and I don’t know how much luck I’ll have finding the factory replacements for under a grand.

Reactions: 1 user

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
You may want to contact Hey wheel and see if they can fix your old or make new wheels for you.

Somewhere on here someone posted they were able to get L185 front wheels for around $300 each

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I’m needing some help/advice…

Got an L295DT and noticed today that the front rims are cracking … a lot. The metal is fatigued and spiderweb cracks are branching out from the lugs.

Here’s my question:
Does anyone have any experience with finding replacement wheels for this or a similar 4x4 model? There are a lot of *similar* 16” rims available on fleaBay that initially look compatible/comparable, and I don’t know how much luck I’ll have finding the factory replacements for under a grand.
Contact 007kubotaguy as he is parting out older L's
Use envelope symbol in top right corner of most forum pages.
Dave

Reactions: 1 users

dannnooooo

Equipment
L295DT, B2551
Jan 17, 2024
SoDak
Everyone knows that size matters, but how much so wheel offset? If I pick up a compatible aftermarket wheel (at least bolts on, fits appropriately on the hub, etc.) that is offset maybe 1.5” to 2” +/- than the original (which I cannot find specs for), am I going to destroy my front end?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Everyone knows that size matters, but how much so wheel offset? If I pick up a compatible aftermarket wheel (at least bolts on, fits appropriately on the hub, etc.) that is offset maybe 1.5” to 2” +/- than the original (which I cannot find specs for), am I going to destroy my front end?
Your main issue is center hole size and bolt pattern.
If you find rims that are within a 1" you'll be ok, 2" your pushing it.
1" of offset put strain on the bearings and joints. 2" puts a lot of strain on both!

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Your main issue is center hole size and bolt pattern.
If you find rims that are within a 1" you'll be ok, 2" your pushing it.
1" of offset put strain on the bearings and joints. 2" puts a lot of strain on both!
Narrower offset also shouldn't be a big issue. Wider offset, as NIW says.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Narrower offset also shouldn't be a big issue. Wider offset, as NIW says.
Narrower might hit the steering linkage, they were pretty tight to begin with. ;)