l2900

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
a 2wd drive machine is great for cutting grass on flat land .... and maybe a rear blade ..... the 2000 hours is not that bad but 4wd is almost the defacto standard for obvious reasons.

what is the condition of the tractor?

What are your plans IF you bought it?

kenbob

Mar 26, 2021
Smithville, Missouri
a 2wd drive machine is great for cutting grass on flat land .... and maybe a rear blade ..... the 2000 hours is not that bad but 4wd is almost the defacto standard for obvious reasons.

what is the condition of the tractor?

What are your plans IF you bought it?
I have about 7500 sq of garden in short rows. I am using a Case vac now but it is too fast for my work and too slow for the tractor rides. I would disk harrow and maybe 2bottom plow. And Tractor rides. The tractor looks ok except the guy ran into something and snapped the front axle off at the spindle. He welded it back on but it is not right the wheel buckles under when trying to turn. The dealer will provide the axle if I pay the full price. seems a stupid way to sell a tractor as the first thing that crosses your mind is that it was abused. No hydraulics so it never had a loader on it.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
If the dealer will repair the tractor and sell it for that price it's probably an okay deal. If you have a three point you probably have hydraulics as they make the three point go up and down. A loader could probably be added later if desired but would likely cost as much or more than the tractor. I have no idea what is meant by tractor rides but a tractor is generally a one person transport - the operator.

Last edited:

kenbob

Mar 26, 2021
Smithville, Missouri
If the dealer will repair the tractor and sell it for that price it's probably an okay deal. If you have a three point you probably have hydraulics as they make the three point go up and down. A loader could probably be added later if desired but would likely cost as much or more than the tractor. I have no idea what is meant by tractor rides but a tractor is generally a one person transport - the operator.
Tractor rides are when a bunch of geezers get on their tractors and tour the countryside with food usually involved. I have no intention of putting a loader on it. I was glad there was not one previously as certain brands have front end issues if heavy loader use.