L2850 FEL park stands missing

Countrylife

Equipment
L235, RTV 900
May 12, 2022
East Texas
Thanks to Flintknapper. I have the same loader that has to come off to replace a grease seal on the engine. I've moved recently and am unable to find the manual. I had the loader off about 35 years ago and this confirms what I thought was the proper procedure. However, when I tilt the bucket, the frame does not come out of the sockets (the wedge bolts are out). I've tried wiggling and bouncing the frame (with and without the hydraulics), tapping on the sockets with a hammer and none of that worked. I'm about ready to get a hoist and wrap a chain around the towers and try to lift it out of the sockets. If that doesn't work, then I'll ask a neighbor to bring his torch over and see if heating the sockets will help.

If anyone has any suggestions on this I'd appreciate them.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Have something really solid hanging around?
Put the wedge bolts in loose just so you can move it to the really solid object then run into the solid object a couple of times to see if the towers will loosen in the pockets.

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
After building the missing parts, mine came off like it should. Countrylife, as NIW suggests, it must be rusted stuck. You did take the 2 front bolts out I presume.

Reactions: 1 users

Countrylife

Equipment
L235, RTV 900
May 12, 2022
East Texas
After building the missing parts, mine came off like it should. Countrylife, as NIW suggests, it must be rusted stuck. You did take the 2 front bolts out I presume.
Yes, they're out as well. I hadn't thought of NIW's suggestion, I like it and I have a concrete wall not to far away.

Countrylife

Equipment
L235, RTV 900
May 12, 2022
East Texas
Thought I'd post a follow up report. The loader is finally off.

I tried pushing against a solid object and got the towers to wiggle in their socket. I tried rotating them out of the socket and they wouldn't budge. Brought my hoist over, chained up the towers and lifted them out of the socket. It popped when they came out so I figured I'd managed to break them free and set them back down into the socket. I put the arms back on the bucket and rotated the loader but the towers would not come out of the socket. Gave up for the day. Next morning got my hoist back out and lifted the towers out of the socket, then rotated the bucket and everything worked properly after that. There's lots of rust in the foot of the towers.

Reactions: 1 users

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
Probably never been out before. Some cleanup with wire brush and paint in it's future? I thought I only needed to remove fel when I split the tractor, but after making the right pieces to do so, the 5 minutes it takes to remove it makes it a handier tractor for other jobs not needing the fel.

Reactions: 1 user