L2850 FEL park stands missing

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
As the title says, when I bought this tractor a few months ago, didn't notice, but the are missing. They were missing to the guy I bought it from, but he never anticipated removing it. If anyone could provide a picture and maybe some measurements, I'm sure I could make a couple. I'm looking at perhaps having to split the tractor in the near future, so I'm going to have to remove the FEL.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
As the title says, when I bought this tractor a few months ago, didn't notice, but the are missing. They were missing to the guy I bought it from, but he never anticipated removing it. If anyone could provide a picture and maybe some measurements, I'm sure I could make a couple. I'm looking at perhaps having to split the tractor in the near future, so I'm going to have to remove the FEL.
A pic of your FEL and bucket would be helpful. But my guess is that it is the same arrangement as my L2350DT loader uses....but I would have to see your loader and bucket first.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What is the loader model that your dealing with?

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
The loader has been painted over, so no markings. Here are some pics when I first bought it. I can take some better ones tomorrow if needed.
IMG_20220826_174407.jpg

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
That loader is not a quick detach model never had the kick stands my loader is a quick detach
According to the manual:
1.Remove the stands which are stored on the left, inside of the front brace.
2.Connect a stand (2) to the bottom of each side frame (1).
3. Secure with snap pins used in storage of connecting bars.
It has the bracket on the left side for them, but they are missing.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
The loader should have the model 'stamped' into it somewhere on the lift arms if you look carefully.

But I can tell from the bucket....the loader is designed to be removed the same as mine. You are just missing the kick-stands that insert into the bucket and the other two 'props' for the far end. See below for basic instructions. I can post pics later today of the parts I believe you are missing and some basic measurements.

LB400 Removal_1.jpg
LB400 Removal_2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
The loader should have the model 'stamped' into it somewhere on the lift arms if you look carefully.

But I tell from the bucket....the loader is designed to be removed the same as mine. You are just missing the kick-stands that insert into the bucket and the other two 'props' for the far end. See below for basic instructions. I can post pics later today of the parts I believe you are missing and some basic measurements.

View attachment 94066 View attachment 94067
Yes, you are correct, that is the one. I believe I posted the same time you did, it is a BF 500. Pics and dimensions would be very helpful. I think I could make them. Thank you.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
The loader model is BF 500.
The operators manual should still be available and will be the best source for information.

Kubota: BF400 BF500 Loader Operator's Manual, Part # 70761-63315

That said....I can only offer what mine has on it if you want to compare to what yours would require and possibly build something that will work for you (at your own risk).

Mine (L2350DT) has two 'kickstands' that insert into loops on the bucket. 'Mine' are stored just above the dash on a couple of pedestals with pins.

FEL removal1.jpg
FEL removal2.jpg
FEL removal3.jpg
FEL removal4.jpg
FEL removal5.jpg
FEL removal6.jpg

Mine are made from 2" flatstock that is 1/2" thick and have small feet/pads on one end where they would contact the ground. The holes are 9/16" in diameter and fit over the 1/2" diameter pins on the pedestal mounts (one stacked upon the other). The center to center spacing of the holes would have to be determined by YOUR mounting pins.

Continued next post:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
The kickstands on mine insert into the bucket loops (one on each side) and then the bucket is curled backward to lift the FEL base out of the pockets (wedge bolts previously removed).

FEL removal7.jpg
FEL removal8.jpg

Here you can see one of the kickstands in place (but not bolted).

FEL removal9.jpg

Mine also has a couple of 'standoffs' that help to balance (and perhaps support) the far end of the loader. I don't know if they are completely necessary but Kubota supplies them and gives instruction for their use. Mine are stored on the tractor as below.

FEL removal10.jpg

This is what they look like. They are approximately 33" tall overall. They are identical, (no left or right).

FEL removal11.jpg
FEL removal12.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
The kickstands on mine insert into the bucket loops (one on each side) and then the bucket is curled backward to lift the FEL base out of the pockets (wedge bolts previously removed).

View attachment 94078 View attachment 94079

View attachment 94080

Mine also has a couple of 'standoffs' that help to balance (and perhaps support) the far end of the loader. I don't know if they are completely necessary but Kubota supplies them and gives instruction for their use. Mine are stored on the tractor as below.

View attachment 94081

This what they look like. They are approximately 33" tall overall. They are identical, (no left or right).

View attachment 94082 View attachment 94083
Thank you very much. The kick stands are there. I will only have to come up with the standoffs. With those great pictures I should be able to come up with something.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan

View attachment 94078 View attachment 94079

View attachment 94080

View attachment 94081

This is what they look like. They are approximately 33" tall overall. They are identical, (no left or right).

View attachment 94082 View attachment 94083
I try not to post on threads that I have no firsthand knowledge of. But I have to say that these posts from Flintknapper are amazing.
Kudos to you for the time you took to help someone out like that. Well done sir!!!

Reactions: 5 users

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
I agree Heehaw. He went way above and beyond with very clear pictures, and description.

Reactions: 2 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
No trouble. We are all here to learn from and help one another.

The membership here has certainly helped me many times.

Reactions: 4 users

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
Yes thanks for the great pictures and directions. Flintknapper.
My used LA 480 Loader on a L3300 came with the standoffs attatched
to the loader arm and as much as i tried could not figure out where or how to attach them just in case I wanted to remove the loader someday.
Now i know I am missing or haven't found the 2 kickstands yet.

sitric

Equipment
L2850DT Ferguson TO35
Jan 13, 2023
Michigan
Yes thanks for the great pictures and directions. Flintknapper.
My used LA 480 Loader on a L3300 came with the standoffs attatched
to the loader arm and as much as i tried could not figure out where or how to attach them just in case I wanted to remove the loader someday.
Now i know I am missing or haven't found the 2 kickstands yet.
My loader isn't the exact model of Flintknapper's, but the kickstands were exactly where his are, crossways the tractor, just in front of steering wheel.

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
My loader isn't the exact model of Flintknapper's, but the kickstands were exactly where his are, crossways the tractor, just in front of steering wheel.
Mine just has a length of 1 1/2" tubular steel in front of the steering wheel attached to the loader side frame.
No kickstands to be found. Probably won't be taking the loader off anytime soon anyway, if at all. Nice to know what I will need though.

Last edited:

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Just to add: If the seals in the rams allow your bucket to drop you will need an additional prop under the front crossmember where it bolts to the tractor. Otherwise it will lower to the ground over time and be a little awkward for re-attaching. I just use a piece of wood