L2850 Draft Control

Kmo

Equipment
L225, L240/L260, L2850
Oct 7, 2012
Atlantic, Ia
The Draft Control linkage to the valve is broken off which got me to taking a closer look. Don't know how or why it would be broken. I can move the top link plate at the linkage connection about 1/16" of an inch. I don't know how sensitive the Draft Control Valve is, but would this "slop" affect the draft control function? If so, did someone break the linage off to disable the draft control?
I found the 1/16" "slop" is at the Torsion Bar pin. I may be wrong, but I am assuming it's a tapered pin. Additionally, the pins have been welded in place.
Questions--
1. Should I be concerned about the 1/16" "slop"?
2. Are the pins tapered?
3. Are the pins welding in place at the factory or is this a "farmer" fix?

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yep slop in that setup will make it not work right, hence the reason that there are bushings in it.

Pins are strait not tapered.

The welds are a farmer fix.. or better put.. an idiot repair.

Are you plowing with it? :confused:
That's about the only time the draft feature is useful. ;)

Kmo

Equipment
L225, L240/L260, L2850
Oct 7, 2012
Atlantic, Ia
I was concerned the "slop" could be an issue.
No evidence of worn bushings. Nothing moves but the top link plate. The "slop" is the pin on the right side. That's why I thought they may use a tapered pin to eliminate any slop in the pin. Of coarse the welding would have expanded the pin only to contract when cooling
At least the torsion bar seems to not be broken.
I plan to use it to plow, but I put a gauge wheel on the plow for depth control. I can get by without the draft control. But, since it's there, I would like to have it working.
Thanks for your response. It's been helpful.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I would give it a run and see how it does, the "slop" might not be enough to effect it. ;)