L275 Hydraulic issues

lbelrod

Equipment
L275
Sep 19, 2012
Anderson, SC USA
I have 30 yrs old L275 with 1800 hrs and NEVER had any work done to it. Front end loader AND 3 point lift very, very slow and weak ONLY when fluid is hot. Changed transmission fluid and filter approx 50 hrs ago and fluid level is fine. No screens on this model. No air in lines. No power steering and I cant find any of the lines that are leaking and could be sucking air.

Makes sense to me that the pump is worn because hydraulics work fine when cold but not once it gets hot and I assume that is because the fluid is thinner . But; I am not a mechanic. NONE of the loader or 3pt lift cylinders are leaking. Before I buy/replace the hydraulic pump. Any other ideas??

Thanks

Last edited:

lbelrod

Equipment
L275
Sep 19, 2012
Anderson, SC USA
Just in case someoone else has same issue --- It ended up being the hydraulic pump --- worked great when fluid was cold but would not pick up 100 lbs when fluid was hot -- Word of advice - I bought an after market pump for 1/2 price of kubota pump --- it was almost impossible to rotate it when I got it but a farmer friend told me to go ahead and inistall it -- I did and, after 2-3 hrs installation , shaft immediately sheared on the pump .. Luckily did ot damage gears inside the engine.... --- It was a bad part --- On a good note, they did refund my $$ ...

Went and bought the Kubota hydraulic pump and it works great .. No issues....Hope this sames someone some time..