L2600dt 3 point lift shifter problems

Raha2341

Equipment
L2600DT & B2400
Mar 31, 2016
Aberdeen, Oh
Hello, all. Recently bought an L2600 with FEL. In the last week, it has become extemely hard to move the 3 point shift lever. It worked fine when I bought it & the first few times I used my scraper blade. Transmission oil is a little low, but I am going to change it after I get the new seals and orings for my pto shaft which is leaking. I have those parts ordered, but they won' be in for a couple of days. Any ideas?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Follow the arm down to where it connects to the tractor. Should be a bolt with either a couple crush washers or nylon bushings to adjust the tension on the arm.

Loosen that first. If that doesn't fix it, then there is something binding the rocker arm. Either rust or debris. Or something lodged in the feed back rod on the opposite side of the lift arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raha2341

Equipment
L2600DT & B2400
Mar 31, 2016
Aberdeen, Oh
I put a wrench on that connecting arm which allowed me to shift it when I pushed/pulled on the wrench & shift lever at the same time, but it was still a struggle. The feedback arm wiggles freely on its attachment pins. I will try to loosen the nuts on the shifter handle rod and see if it helps. Would it hurt to disconnect the feedback rod just to see if it is affecting the shifting? Thank you for the suggestion.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Would it hurt to disconnect the feedback rod just to see if it is affecting the shifting?
DO NOT disconnect or adjust the feedback linkage, it has nothing to do with a stiff control lever.

You most likely cause is a binding pivot point, lube all points with penetrating lube.

Raha2341

Equipment
L2600DT & B2400
Mar 31, 2016
Aberdeen, Oh
Thanks again. I will try the penetrating oil since that is an easy check. Any suggestions on kind of lube. I don't want to use something that would deteriorate an oring or seal. PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, etc?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Thanks again. I will try the penetrating oil since that is an easy check. Any suggestions on kind of lube. I don't want to use something that would deteriorate an oring or seal. PB Blaster, Liquid Wrench, etc?
I use PB blaster all the time with no ill effects. ;)