L260 repair, why cant I find parts. So aggrevated.

Rwyatt0714

Equipment
1970s L260
Apr 7, 2022
Knox, In.
I am to my end of dealing with this tractor and the inability to find parts for it. I am looking for someone ot somehow I can get pistons and rings for this tractor. It is a 2 cylinder diesel with 89.3mm pistons. The bore is 90mm according to the manual. Does anyone out there know where I can get these pistons and rings? This is to good of tractor to just scrap out or part out. Please help!!!!!

Rwyatt0714

Equipment
1970s L260
Apr 7, 2022
Knox, In.
I have check all over online for rebuild kits and they say they have them and I call to order them and they haven't made them for years. Please help

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I have an L260 but haven't had to find many parts. Someone may chime in.

cthomas

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC
Jan 1, 2017
La Farge Wi
Goggle has many hits, what is the part number? Maybe find a piston that is close and have it machined down.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
I am to my end of dealing with this tractor and the inability to find parts for it. I am looking for someone ot somehow I can get pistons and rings for this tractor. It is a 2 cylinder diesel with 89.3mm pistons. The bore is 90mm according to the manual. Does anyone out there know where I can get these pistons and rings? This is to good of tractor to just scrap out or part out. Please help!!!!!
I live in Canada and just looked on Kubota's official site.
There are a few pistons marked NLA but others seem available.
Canada
Have you tried https://www.kubotausa.com/parts, Messicks or Coleman's?
I cannot get into the USA site from Canada
Dave

Orion the hunter

Equipment
L260
I also have an ancient L260 I adopted recently. Mine has some nasty chamber and seat erosion damage. I reground the valves and got it running but I'm worried it will half a valve or something and really kill it. Parts really are tough for these old 2 cylinders right now. Maybe if enough folks make noise aftermarket will step up.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I also have an ancient L260 I adopted recently. Mine has some nasty chamber and seat erosion damage. I reground the valves and got it running but I'm worried it will half a valve or something and really kill it. Parts really are tough for these old 2 cylinders right now. Maybe if enough folks make noise aftermarket will step up.
"Maybe if enough folks make noise aftermarket will step up"
Ya really think,...... someone will tool up to make engine parts for a 50 year old tractor,...... when only a small number were ever built?
"Maybe", the moon is made of green cheese too?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
gee I googled '89.3 mm pictons' and got 11k hits, one has pistons, another rings
probably get better hits if I could spell though...