L2550 GST full hydraulic issue

duaneneed

Equipment
l2550gst
Oct 4, 2023
newton county
all hyd stopped working

my hyd stopped working. Dumped the ft bucket and all hyd stopped took the hyd pump apart and everything looked fine but no hyd working on anything

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
my hyd stopped working. Dumped the ft bucket and all hyd stopped took the hyd pump apart and everything looked fine but no hyd working on anything
Put the pump back together and install on tractor. Then we will start to diagnose your problem. You have a L2550GST with factory loader?

Dan

Shadetree605

Equipment
kubota b2100
May 1, 2022
north little rock, ar
no it will not move everything is operated by hyd
i really hope your hydrostat transmission is not bad ?, if it is ?, well..its not going to be cheap to replace it !. i took a very big gamble on my b2100 a few years back, like yours, it would not move, no lift at 3pt..nothing, engine ran, but tranny was shot. after ripping it apart, 3k later with kubota parts, it lives again. i did it all on my own ( first time too ! ). i did have to salvage some parts that the tranny bolts too with some jb weld, but i had no choice in the matter, as i could not afford a rebuilt hydro tranny. it runs great as of right now ( knocks head )..and its paid for, i'm happy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
i really hope your hydrostat transmission is not bad ?, if it is ?, well..its not going to be cheap to replace it !. i took a very big gamble on my b2100 a few years back, like yours, it would not move, no lift at 3pt..nothing, engine ran, but tranny was shot. after ripping it apart, 3k later with kubota parts, it lives again. i did it all on my own ( first time too ! ). i did have to salvage some parts that the tranny bolts too with some jb weld, but i had no choice in the matter, as i could not afford a rebuilt hydro tranny. it runs great as of right now ( knocks head )..and its paid for, i'm happy.
Step back and take a deep breath and quit scaring the customers!
Its a GST not an HST, completely different animal.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
all hyd stopped working

I've seen this exact scenario a couple of times.
You first need to establish if the pump is spinning and moving fluid.
Loosen both filters and crank the engine and check for any flow.

Last edited:

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
no it will not move everything is operated by hyd
I know, thats why I asked if the driveline was working.

Sounds very much like the hydraulic pump is not working. You can check that at the hydraulic block on the side of the engine. Disconnect the line labeled "from gear pump" and slip a piece of clear vinyl tube over the end of the line. the pipe. Secure it with a small hose clamp. Put the other end of the tube in the hydraulic filler, start the tractor, and observe any flow coming from the pump. It should be strong and steady.

Dan

Screenshot_20231005_034010_Samsung Notes.jpg

Last edited: